[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bobby Chiu says you're too old to make art Give up, ano
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: chew.jpg (25 KB, 307x258) Image search: [Google]
chew.jpg
25 KB, 307x258
Bobby Chiu says you're too old to make art
Give up, anon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgFqv5MEFnQ
>>
>>2597984
And he says how you an still make it and gives positive advice.
>>
>>2597984
But OP, I'm only 2 years old!??
>>
bobby chiu is a dickless faggot, watch him interviewing people
>>
For all the thought and theory this guy puts into his work he really isn't all that great. I don't think it's a good thing to be too analytical about your learning process, I let it happen naturally.
>>
stop following oriental artists, their mentality is just fucking unhealty
>>
>>2597984

Don't forget to buy your schoolism subscription goyi-I mean, guys! We're having a sale right now, hehe.
>>
File: 1467834833922.jpg (54 KB, 570x418) Image search: [Google]
1467834833922.jpg
54 KB, 570x418
>>2597984
Why do awful artists always give advice?
>>
>>2597984

I'm not sure I entirely believe the "learning is harder after teenage years."

Maybe because I'm not SO old, I'm 20, but I learn a lot faster across the board now. I tried learning to draw when I was 15ish and despite grinding didn't get far. Now it all clicks much faster and I feel I'm making great progress. Same with learning languages and even with my math abilities. I hope it doesn't drop off too soon.
>>
>>2598024

also this, looking him up, he is a very very mediocre artist across the board and probably will never be good enough to make his advice matter
>>
>>2598033

25 is literally the cut off age, no jokes and no memes.
>>
>>2598036

Well looking it up, seems 18-24 is the peak. I don't believe it entirely "drops off" otherwise Van Gogh would've been trash since he didn't get good enough until 30 imo, but I can see a 40 year old being really fucked. I know it's definitely the case with languages
>>
>>2597984
Did you even watch that video or did you come here to make this retarded thread the moment you read the title?
>>
>>2598036
how old are you and can you post your work so we know you have any sort of authority on this subject or are just a random, depressed loser talking out of his ass?
>>
>>2598103
Random depressed losesr lol I make more $cash$ than your whole family combined 3 generations back and could care less if I make a hobby into a career (which I will anyway). I'm below the age of 25.
>>
>>2598036
>>2598038
What if i'm a mediocre artist at 25. do i still have the chance to become god tier or is improving impossible after then?
>>
>>2597984
fuck him he's shit
>>
>>2598117

As long as you started you are fine. Now don't stop.
>>
>>2598024
>>2598035
t. awful artists
>>
>>2598036
In one of the friday night lives Erik Gist (instructor at Watts) talked about how they had 60+ year old guys who would come to their atelier and still manage to get good enough to switch careers with a few years of hard work, "i'm too old" is just a meme and a bad excuse for losers who don't want to put in the work
>>
>>2598115
> and could care less if I make a hobby into a career

Kek. Now I see. You are clearly not going to make it and you know that. So that's your motivation for making these shitty threads every other week to project your own failure and insecurities onto others.
>>
>>2598024
>>2598035

Why do you guys not watch the video before commenting? He is literally saying the exact opposite of what OP wants you to think he says. Chiu is saying that the reason why artists might feel like they are getting too old to learn and improve is because they haven't been using their brain properly and just like working out, it takes a while to get it back in shape.
>>
>>2598158
>you are clearly not going to make it and you know that
>have all the money in the world to afford quality education

Yeah and I'm the same person that makes threads on books you guys want scanned, tease you with a few pages, and vanish on purpose.
>to project your own failure and insecurities onto others
buddy let's not try to claim the goal post so quickly with false projections
>>
>>2598168

Haha, this keeps getting better and better. You are the guy who is buying all these useless tutorials and gumroad stuff and then cries about piracy. Holy shit dude, cut your losses, stop wasting your parent's money and give up already. You are not too old, but you definitely are too stupid to ever get good.
>>
>>2598176

It's not a matter of crying about piracy, it's protecting the idea of affordable education. The more this model works the better it is for everyone as more schools will adopt this. And yet, scum like you still want the artist bread and butter for free.
---
I will give up when I turn 25 if and only if I'm not near pro, which is a very small percentage I won't be near pro.
>>
>>2597984
watching this video I learnt that you're never too old to give your money to schoolism
>>
>paying for anything is jew
If you make a quality product why shouldn't you sell it?
With the money you make from selling you will have the ability to make even more quality content
There wouldn't be any computers, modern houses or quality clothing in the world if people didn't sell.
>>
>>2598191
>I will give up when I turn 25 if and only if I'm not near pro, which is a very small percentage I won't be near pro.

If you're already making plans for when you should give up, you should cut to the chase and give up now.

25 isn't even fucking old, quit listening to ic shitposting
>>
I like Bobby Chiu, but his advice is generic, uninspired, parroted, uninformative drivel.
If none of this shit was obvious to you before, you should probably set your goals to that of a hobbyist.
>>
>>2598202
kek

fucking hate that guy.

i want to leak his entire library just to fuck with him. but there are excellent teachers and people there such as Nathan, Jason etc etc that I dont want to hurt
>>
>>2598024
Is there even anyone that is good enough for /ic/ standard?
>>
he's chinese, fuck chinese
>>
>>2598142
This, it's about the hours of deliberate practice put in, starting at 15 or 35, it doesn't matter.

Lazy undisciplined quitters just want to put the blame on something other than themselves.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.