[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of you all have vitamin D deficiencies from not doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1466810996814.jpg (123 KB, 1655x785) Image search: [Google]
1466810996814.jpg
123 KB, 1655x785
Do any of you all have vitamin D deficiencies from not doing art outside? Apparently being an artist is a risk factor for having severe vitamin D deficiency my bud in Medical school told me.

I was suffering from depersonalization, having this horrible feeling like this life and world weren't real and just having a really negative outlook on my own life that would come or go for a year or so. Nothing was really wrong in my life, it was just a feeling, like how sometimes you might be happy for no reason.

I randomly had a physical and it turned out I had extremely low vitamin d levels. After a few months of doing prescribed suplements completely unrelated I noticed the bouts of depression and depersonalization had pretty much entirely gone away. Might anxiety was lessened, but I've had that my whole life. I happened to hear on the Joe Rogan experience from Dr. Rhonda Patrick about the power of vitamin D o so many systems in the body, and I'm seriously wondering if that was it.

So tldr just because I want to help people and because we see a lot of mental health problems on this board. Get a physical and get your vitamin D tested. Or just start taking supplements because 70% of the population is vitamin D deficient.

Anyone else ever have this happened to them?
>>
I had a vitamin D deficiency from being a basement dweller. The witch doctor put me on an ultra high dose for a week and left me on 1000 IUs of D3 once a day. No changes in mood
>>
>>2597119

Can confirm. I have clinical deppression, which has gone better after getting vitamin pills.

They said those who spend more time on the sunlight are happier. Talking about this and the general mood of sunlight i guess.

I still feel unhappy as fuck, but no longer gloomy or sad.

So, the key for a happy artist is: Take vitamins and leave your mom's basement.
>>
>>2597150
>after getting vitamin pills.

And THERAPY. What the fuck is wrong?
>>
File: 1409643613286.jpg (28 KB, 405x344) Image search: [Google]
1409643613286.jpg
28 KB, 405x344
>>2597119
I've taken Vitamin D for years and I still get really depressed. I've been on four different kinds of antidepressants and those probably did more harm than good. I hate myself and drawing is the only useful skill I have in life.
>>
>>2597119
I work indoors and all my hobbies such as drawing are indoor activities. I take my breaks outside in the sun and try to sit near sunny windows when possible. Every bit helps. I feel a lot better taking a few minutes in the sun, getting that warmth and moment of fresh air. Then I go back inside and close the curtains and go back to my computer.
>>
>>2597119
I need to go out more often. Living indoors for long periods of time does things to you.

It feels like i've been living in a box my entire life. It's just so hot outside
>>
>>2597119
now ask your med friend about placebo
>>
>>2597164
>hoter outside
confirmed for living in basement
>>
>tfw sit in front of a beautiful large window
Feels good man
>>
>>2597347

I hope it's not covered with glass, because that blocks UVB rays that stimulate vitamin D production, and all you're getting are cancer-causing UVA rays.
>>
>>2597119
>Most people with fair skin will max out their vitamin D production in just 10-20 minutes, or, again, when their skin starts turning the lightest shade of pink. Some will need less, others more. The darker your skin, the longer exposure you will need to optimize your vitamin D production.

If you're white, how is it even possible to have vitam D deficit without being a complete NEET? Do you really spend less than 10-20 minutes in the sun each day? You get enough exposure by simply taking 2 smoke breaks outside or going to the convenience store.
>>
File: sakuraiaoi_sam_05.jpg (162 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
sakuraiaoi_sam_05.jpg
162 KB, 800x1000
>>2597119
Already taking vit.d supplements
I used to OD on vit.d last year (500% RDA = 1000IU) for about a couple of months. No particular sideeffects except getting really bad shits (like chunky chocolate syrup) after the first month. Needless to say I turned it down after that and have had no problems since.

That said, I can confirm a minor positive change after taking them- that is a noticeably harder and more painful morning wood. Unfortunately (or rather fortunately) it wasn't any harder when I was taking 1000IU.
>>
>>2597610
>wanting to stay healthy
>taking smoke breaks

And just because I feel like being an asshole, NEETs should actually have more opportunity to get sunlight since they're not trapped inside an office or classroom all day every day.
>>
>>2597597
If you can't afford sunscreen and vitamin pills, then I'm afraid you live in third world country.
>>
>>2597119
>live in California
>go outside for 2 seconds
>get all the vit D I need + cancer

Jokes aside I work 8hrs in the sun, I think I'm good
>>
yup, especially during winter.
>>
I thought Vitamin D supplements were ineffective and bullshit.
>>
>>2597863

Most supplements in general are ineffective and bullshit.
>>
>>2597863
they are if you go outside lul
>>
i had a vit. D deficiency from never going outside and just studying all day. Doc made me take 5000 IU daily, didn't feel any better but my eyebrows got fuller, which is apparently a vit. D thing.
>>
>>2597863

They are legit enough that doctors prescribe them and taking the really big one (I forget the dose) raise my levels. Vitamins in general are always worse than food or the sun but some do affect things.
>>
My Vit D deficiency was bad enough as to where I need to take 10,000IU daily for a month. Blood test after that still found me well under required numbers. 10-hr call center job in cramped building lasting well into the night & being a general shut-in for a few years didn't help much either. Current Vit D is still low, but I'm able to get a lot more sun & other sources of that than I used to.

Best course of action was being able to see a doctor, so hopefully other anons can somehow find a way to get their shit fixed too. My own doc got concerns about osteoporosis (since females can get it more often than males), but everyone should keep that in mind too.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.