[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Digital Fine Art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: treeshovel.jpg (528 KB, 897x1024) Image search: [Google]
treeshovel.jpg
528 KB, 897x1024
Do you think digital art will ever be taken seriously in the fine art world?
>>
not even fine art is taken seriously in the fine art world
>>
>>2596948
No, because physically owning a unique thing is what makes fine art. You always know that digital art is not "physical" in the sense that traditional art is.
>>
>>2596955
I know your right. It really sucks though because there's all these cool possibilities and new techniques with digital that I want to use but I'm interested in the fine art world not the entertainment industry. Maybe I should switch over to graphic design or something.
>>
File: caesar-ray-12.jpg (69 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
caesar-ray-12.jpg
69 KB, 600x600
what the fuck even is the fine art world

but there are some artists that can live off their digital "art"
>>
>>2596955
>>2596961
That is the thing, if you want to make money doing digital and selling it as fine art wou'll need to be a printmaker too.
>>
>>2596961
I'm genuinely curious why you're interested in the fine art world
>>
>>2597106
I like how it's the intersection of originality and societal relevance. Also I have this longing to be part of something bigger than myself. And I'm a little eccentric so I fit in with the crowd.
>>
It already is. New media and such especially. Artists really eat up pieces that experiment with new technology. More so if it tries to be scientific in some way.

>>2596955
They even sell preformances which are just directions on a piece of paper. Lack of physical original is not really an issue anyomere - they just sell gallery rights.
>>
>>2597513
>gallery rights
this

also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_and_Three_Chairs#The_concept_and_the_theory_of_art
>>
>>2596952
/thread
>>
>>2600676
shit, ignore the "jump to" link i meant to just reference the whole thing as an example of a piece in several museums that doesn't require anything unique beyond adhering to the instructions
>>
>>2596948
No, because the rich want to actually own something, not a printed out piece of paper.
>>
>>2600676
Kosuth's chairs are awesome if you think about what he's trying to say.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.