[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brush settings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: IMG_20160705_235305.jpg (107 KB, 1024x785) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160705_235305.jpg
107 KB, 1024x785
What settings do you use for painting /ic/
>>
File: eh.png (212 KB, 748x640) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
212 KB, 748x640
>>2596772
photoshop basic sorf/hard rounds. and some brushes i got from cubebrush for textures and whatnot
>>
File: fOCCFqn.png (5 KB, 170x203) Image search: [Google]
fOCCFqn.png
5 KB, 170x203
I'm fucking autistic as shit over brush settings.
I steal so much brushes from other artists that it clogs up the little box for them on SAI.

I can't bring myself to delete them because they may be similar in what lines they produce they also have very small differences.

What the hell should I do?
>>
>>2600102
Let's see drawings you've made with other people's brushes.
>>
File: copicms.jpg (33 KB, 776x587) Image search: [Google]
copicms.jpg
33 KB, 776x587
>>2600102
Dude... srsly?

Artist studies are a thing, but come on. Why would you emulate every aspect of their job?

>>2596772

I made an MS brush that looks like Copic marker.

Other than that... default watercolour brushes and airbrushes.
>>
File: ahe.png (47 KB, 299x454) Image search: [Google]
ahe.png
47 KB, 299x454
>>2600153
I'm complete and utter garbage, which is why I don't have any ""finished"" drawings. Either their old or just scribbles.
>>2600155
I'm just torn between how I want my shit to look.
I have the these sharp brushes I like scribbling with (sauf, inak, fountain and fadle here >>2600102) but they look hideous with the coloring I like to do.
Sharp brushes are usually done with a cel shading that I don't like the look of most of the time.

TLDR I'm a faggot
>>
>>2600163
Honestly I expected this cause I was in this exact situation one. I would take other poeple's brushes because I thought that's what you needed to be a good. Took a break from digital and spend a long time studying (almost a year) and went to sai. I deleted every brush and made a hard round, soft round, and a flat. I realized that brushes have little impact. Here's my advice focus on learning, weather it's learning foundations or studying the images of artist's you like.
>>
File: faw.png (204 KB, 522x446) Image search: [Google]
faw.png
204 KB, 522x446
>>2600178
>>2600163
>>
>>2600178
Jesus, I fucked up on the grammar cause I kept pausing while typing.
>>
File: previewrainingstars.png (120 KB, 788x788) Image search: [Google]
previewrainingstars.png
120 KB, 788x788
>>2600178
This is very helpful, thank you for your words anon.
>>
Is it better to use a small brush or small pencil for linework in PS?
>>
>>2600275
It really depends weather you want a hard look or a soft look.
>>
>>2596772
You're part of the problem with so many digital artists in this day and age. The brushes aren't fucking important. Only amateurs who have no idea what they are doing think photoshop brushes actually matter. They don't. The standard brush is all you need. Asking for brushes implies that if having them is going to get you anywhere. It's not.

PS:Kill yourself.
>>
>>2600306
Eaasy man, different brushes can have different minor outcomes.
>>
>>2600313
>not going to make it
>>
>>2600317
>>not going to make it
>not going to make it
>>
>>2600327
>>>not going to make it
>>not going to make it
>not going to make it
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.