[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ic/ I figured this was the best place to ask, though I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Hey /ic/ I figured this was the best place to ask, though I'm not sure if you're willing to help. I want to know what the fuck is up with the fibonacci spiral. It's always placed over a painting as if there's something to see, but I never see any pattern, just a painting with a spiral over it.
In short:
>What should I be noticing?
>>
Congratulations, you've skipped the step where you actually think it's important.

The fibonacci sequence looks nice in a general way, but not every aesthetically-pleasing thing lines up with it. Half of these are jokes.
>>
>>2596087
And here I was thinking I was moments away from having my view of the world completely turned around.

Whatever. Glad I got it out of the way.
>>
>>2596082
good way to think about it. the closer to the center of your spiral. the more detail. its you're image's main focal point. further you go away you can leave some detail out and not render as much
>>
It used to be a guideline for art because of sacred geometry - divisions of the proportion of golden ratio were considered holy. But I think a lot of the pictures where they put the golden ratio on Mona Lisa and such are just loosely matching wishful thinking from people who think that the golden ratio spiral makes objectively better art.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.