[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
digital art software question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 11.png (240 KB, 647x695) Image search: [Google]
11.png
240 KB, 647x695
So i've just bought a wacom tablet yesterday and learning how to draw. I'm using the software called Krita.
My lines and stuff look jagged and shit still but i'm sure it's just practice.

It's harder to actually learn the software itself.. i have a problem when i'm done drawing and wanna start coloring, let's say i have drawn a face, i see on youtube etc how they color the entire hair with one color first without ever going outside the actual lines, i can't seem to do that.

I guess i need to mark the area somehow? so i can just color it without worrying about going outside the hair itself or in the face etc?

See pic.
>>
Start with physical media (pencil and paper) and read the sticky. I made the same mistake you did and started digitally. The added level of abstraction and struggling with drivers/programs is not something you need right now. You can buy some no2 pencils and a shitty sketchbook for cheap.
>>
Two seconds with google would teach you about brush stabilizers and the selection tool/masking.

>>2594294
This is what you should be doing though, at least learn how to draw before you start trying to use something way more complicated to do it.
>>
>>2594346
>digital
>more complicated

nice easy undos, easy fixable mistakes, extra measure tools, and easier colour picking familia :^)
>>
>>2594360
he meant more complicated not harder, fucking noob.
>>
>>2594360
if you use a shit program like krita it definitely is

and if you're a complete beginner you should just pick up a goddamn pencil and work in grayscale
>>
for real dawg, start on paper get use to it then move up to digital. i fell for the same mistake as well. its much easier to learn how to draw on paper then apply what you learned to digital.
>>
>>2594363
>>2594365
YOU THINK IM THE FUCKING OP?
TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
>>2594372
>implying
>>
>>2594376
nice memes my friend
>>
op here, thanks for the help. I guess i should start drawing with a pen and paper as well. I used to do that a lot as a kid but that's 10 years ago so i've lost most of my skills by now.

What's wrong with Krita? seems to have most of the necessary stuff, but i guess i could always download photoshop if that's a lot better?
>>
>>2594398
anything is fine, but you have to actually learn to use the software, consider that.
>>
well you already spent the money on the wacom so use that instead of paper. Keep experimenting, it doesn't have to look good because failure is how you learn.

for linework, you can either apply pressure to the stylus so the end result does not look jagged or use your arm (up to you're elbow) to make a clean stroke, than use the vector erase to clean up unwanted lines. (you need to be drawing on a vector layer if you want to use the vector eraser.)
>>
I can see what your trying to do, but your hand is not used to drawing yet.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 630x472) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 630x472
Does anyone know why Krita would be crashing so much on a wincows 7 PC? Whenever I click on another program and go back to Krita it freezes. I'd love to use the program but I keep losing my sketches.
>>
>>2597042
what's your ram
>>
>>2597052
12 gigs
>>
>>2594282
don't bother with any of that, coloring in the lines isn't important, your lines aren't even correct so what's the point
learn to draw. learn to paint. your coordination improves along the way, don't even waste time thinking about it
>>
>>2597092
disable virtual ram
>>
>>2597095
I hear yah, i should probably just stick to improving my lineart for now. I've tried to color some of the work i did but the result looks terrible because i have no idea what am doing.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.