[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on plein air painting? How often do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
What's your opinion on plein air painting? How often do you do it?
>>
>>2593172

It can look good or look shitty depending on the artist

I never go outside or ever make art, too busy asking for advice on /ic/
>>
>>2593172
Its fun. Its like hunting for mezmarizing light effects and try to capture them on paper. Great if you want to get a sense of natural lighting too.
>>
I think it's great if you live in a place with some nice sights, and the weather is good.

It's great for learning about colour theory and I think it really gets you to paint smarter because of natural time constraints.

I unfortunately can't do it too often where I live though, due to living very far north.
>>
>>2593235
How far north? Grab a small bottle of cheap vodka and some watercolors and go paint some snow.
>>
>>2593251

Ecuador
>>
>>2593253
That's below the equator
>>
>>2593263

Correct, I am shitposting
>>
File: 1122.jpg (142 KB, 475x393) Image search: [Google]
1122.jpg
142 KB, 475x393
>>2593251
I live in the Yukon at the moment, so I could go and get some vodka and go out.

I'm a pretty low endurance guy though, the Summer isn't near as bad however. Mostly wet so far.

I wish I lived in California honestly.
>>
>>2593286

If you want you could get an ice shack or other small mobile room with a large window panel that you could move to wherever you wanted to paint and then just stand inside it with a small heater, but that'd probably be a lot of hassle.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.