[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time with a Wacom Bamboo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: quality.gif (36 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
quality.gif
36 KB, 720x720
Hi I'm a total newbie here just got myself a used Wacom Bamboo CTH-470.

I probably already said something to piss everyone off, but oh well.

I'm just gonna take some time to see what kind of drawings I can do with little to no instruction. So I'm not asking for tips on getting started. I know there is a sticky that probably has all of that.

My question is: When drawing with the tablet it won't start creating the line or move the cursor until I have moved a minimum amount. Is there a way to fix this or is that just how digital drawing is/because its a cheap tablet? Because it makes fine details pretty fucking difficult.
>>
I had that same problem before but I don't remember how I solved it. However I did find something relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_BYCcX0CuM

I'd recommend googling "wacom tablet pen delay" and poking around there to see what works for you.

Best of luck
>>
File: le laughing dogs face.jpg (31 KB, 395x374) Image search: [Google]
le laughing dogs face.jpg
31 KB, 395x374
>>2590487
>he could have paid like $60 more and got a Huion Giano (i.e. easily the second best conventional tablet currently available) instead of Wacom's shittiest

Could what you're describing be a software problem? I have something like the opposite of that happen in Krita for example. After I am done making a stroke the cursor pauses for a second and then snaps to where it's supposed to be. Consider trying out a different brand of trial software (you did say "when drawing" though so that implies that it isn't happening outside of whatever software you're using) and make sure you disable all of windows' touch bullshit.
>>
>>2590639
Yeah I can do that I just wasn't sure how to word it in a google search.

>>2590672
>paid $40 for a used one
I don't know. Do I look like a genius to you?
>>
>>2590699
Whoever sold you that thing should have been giving money to 'you'. A tablet is something you will ideally be using for hours a day for years. Don't be cheap, sell that thing and save up for something better.

https://www.huiontablet.com/huion-wh1409.html
>>
>>2590672
>Huion Giano
>only 160$
W-what? I thought the good tablets were in the 300$ range.
>>
File: le super hero face.png (117 KB, 1024x563) Image search: [Google]
le super hero face.png
117 KB, 1024x563
>>2590732
>nani!?

You heard that right.

The Huion Giano is a ((strong)) rival to the Large-size Intuos tablets (the greatest conventional tablets currently available) and is nearly a ((third)) of the price, new (especially if you count add-ons like Wacom's "wireless accessory kit"). Having used both, I can confirm this myself. I must admit the Intuos Large edges it out in some ways, but the price is palatable enough to make up for it. I was so impressed when I first tried it that I now encourage everyone within earshot to buy it in lieu of Wacom's more expensive offerings, and I do it...for free!
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.