[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Painting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1467758787151-1229780754.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
1467758787151-1229780754.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2560
Did this some years ago. Now I don't have the time to finish it nor the confidence. I think I could ruin it if I continue it since I haven't practiced painting in years.

What do you guys do to keep inspired to draw/painting?
>>
you could sell art of this quality tho
>>
>>2590315
You think so? I always think it is just an average painting any beginner could do.
>>
File: ps2.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ps2.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
tfw learning painting,
using one of my favorite images from a game as reference.
Feel really good about one of the girls., have a few drinks and keep on painting. Fucking butcher the other one.
Painting is ruined.
>>
File: psII.jpg (104 KB, 774x436) Image search: [Google]
psII.jpg
104 KB, 774x436
>>2590358
haunts me every day
>>
>>2590358
My n-word

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1w2jQAY1Qo
>>
File: 2432543154.jpg (274 KB, 576x698) Image search: [Google]
2432543154.jpg
274 KB, 576x698
Why didn't you just print this out? It looks better than your "painting"
>>
>>2590361
It's not actually that bad if you ask me.
>>
>>2590379
Why even bother painting in general, you can take photographs of anything now a days.
>>
>>2590388
I just don't like the girl on the left. It got to the point where I was slathering on so much paint to lighten it up it almost seemed to stop taking. Now she's just a maroon blob.
>>
>>2590390
I only value original work. Paintings done from photo refs still have some merit because it's interesting to see how the artist interpreted it. Paintings like in OP where its just a 1 to 1 copy of another artist's work is trash with zero artistic value.
>>
>>2590390
Well I love painting as much as drawing.

That's like saying everyone in /ic/ should stop drawing since we have cameras. Therefore, shut down this forum since drawing and painting are useless now.
>>
>>2590416
OP here. I agree with you, this painting was a work for my art class. I have no original painting works since I'm just a beginner and I didn't want to mess up my first job. However, I only haver original drawing/sketch artworks.
>>
>>2590390
Paintings look more compelling than a photograph
>>
>>2590433
Glad you understand. I'd be more interested to see your original drawings.
>>
>>2590408
If you allow me to give an advice, I think that's kinda easy to fix. You could paint very thin layers of black paint on of to do it again. In order to give lights/shades, I recommend to wet the brush a little and wait for it to dry so you can add another layer of painting.
>>
I'm glad by your replies guys, but you haven't answered my question yet:

How do you keep yourself motivated to draw/paint everyday? What motivates you to get better?
>>
>>2590465
the feeling you dick gets when you paint a cute girl
>>
>>2590416
I'd say they still have value as a display of technique and as study.
>>
>>2590465
Good ideas that demand I bring them into he world, and bills.

Alternately, epic vidya game characters and pop singers XD
>>
>>2590388
It is though
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.