[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greetings, /ic/. I really need your help, i wanna learn how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: Seal.png (5 KB, 176x148) Image search: [Google]
Seal.png
5 KB, 176x148
Greetings, /ic/.

I really need your help, i wanna learn how to draw, but my talent is 0, even lower than 0, to a point i cant even understand the basic books such as loomis, the sticky's book and related stuff.

Might sound a bit lame but, lets pretend youre trying to teach an elementary school level kid to draw, (in this case its my level), how do i start so i improve efficiently?
>>
>>2588626
if you post a picture of your social security card i'll tutor you
>>
Look at art, develop some kind of appreciation and understanding of art, then start by copying some of your favorites. And just draw a lot of things you enjoy drawing, you like drawing animu? draw animu. You like drawing mechs? draw mechs.
>>
>>2588626
it depends on what you want to start doing right off the bat. do you want to draw characters? you can practice loomis if you want, but imo his books are dated and not very intuitive. vilppu, hampton and hogarth are great more modern alternatives with material to practice from. learn basic shapes, construction and contours and just draw a lot.

do you want to paint scenery? learn how to thumbnail and how to break up an image into fg/mg/bg in grayscale, then move on to color theory and start creating colored thumbnails. when your thumbnails look good, move on to bigger paintings.

the basic principle is to do the things you think you can't and fake it til you get it right. the sticky can tell you all of this, it's right there at the top of the gd board i dunno how you missed it but go read it.
>>
File: glassmariel.png (29 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
glassmariel.png
29 KB, 600x600
>>2588632
Hmm, i forgot to specify, yes.

I want to be as good to draw funny, cute comics.
Honestly i dont aim to be a super artists or do amazing drawings, i just want to make some non-vomit inducing drawings that people can laugh at.

>>2588631
I started tracing others' drawings and just reskinning them into my OC, i dont like anime, but i like the anime style drawing, pic related, its a tracing from a drawing made by that guy who makes Soraka's Excellent Adventure comics.

In fact hes a pretty good example of my goal, i just want to make cute comics where you can recognize the characters drawn on them and dont require super painting or super mega lineart or detail.
>>
File: 1450360065996.png (157 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1450360065996.png
157 KB, 600x600
>>2588635
Here is the original drawing, just to make comparasion.
>>
>>2588626
Well what do you want to draw?
>>
>>2588639
Sorry for not putting in the OP, answer is here.
>>
>>2588626
What I did when I started out was that I just drew alot, I think I was pulling like 10 A4s (front and back) a day and maybe 1 hour of digital experiments at the end of the day.
Try doing the same
>>
File: qvvfavaad.png (929 KB, 1229x736) Image search: [Google]
qvvfavaad.png
929 KB, 1229x736
>>2588645
I used to draw a lot along with other guys from 4chan in the flockmod website, but i really cant seem to progress.

After a while and seeing some guys doing masterpieces on fucking flockmod, i fell into despair, and thats how i ended here.
>>
File: 20160704_110501.jpg (243 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
20160704_110501.jpg
243 KB, 1280x720
Just did some warmups, will explain.

>boxes
Probably the most important exercise. You draw boxes and arrange them in different ways, e.g. in circles (like gears), on flat planes (like in a room), in lines. You don't want the boxes to change in size or shape. This trains perspective, gives you a 3D sense of what you're drawing.

>circles and lines
Just draw circles, lines (straight, arcs, waves), and draw over then again and again (~10 times). Try especially to keep the end points the same. Avoid making it look like a broomstick. Going too slow makes lines bad, going too fast makes lines inaccurate.

>tac-balls
Also trains perspective.

>gesture drawing
Gives 3D sense of people, trains drawing movement. These (man on bench, ealing man with guitar) were drawn from imagination, but mostly I go to parks and look out the window on the bus and draw people. Search for videos on this and watch several of them.
>>
>>2588688
Hmmm, basic exercises huh? Roger that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.