[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you practice your figures drawings? Do you draw each part
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: beautiful-women.jpg (39 KB, 600x240) Image search: [Google]
beautiful-women.jpg
39 KB, 600x240
How do you practice your figures drawings? Do you draw each part of the body, like a construction? Or do you work by shades of color?
Doesn't "Building" the body through drawing makes you draw with symbols? For example do the head, but you draw what you feel look like the head.
Isn't it better to work with coloring zones of shadow and light? Coloring instead of drawing, if you know what I mean.

A study shouldn't look like left of pic rel? (I mean with the "look", not the quality of the figure)
>>
>>2588592
The best way is to have something you can apply them for.
Say you want to draw a knight.
You think of an action this knight may be doing. For instance, fighting pose
Then, think of a pov in which you want to show him, at eye level? Low/high eye level?. Say, low eye level
Then you actually start drawing gestures of the pose you have in mind with a low horizon line. I like to do them with a big brush, so I can focus on the 3 major masses(head/ribcage/pelvis)
Then you continue with construction, this could be from just simple shape (spheres/ cylinders/cubes ) to more complex stuff like drawing the skeleton and the muscles on top to finally draw the skin.
This way your figure studies would be focused on a specific pose in a specific pov.
>>
>>2588606
To be honest I'm not able to do all that. I lack the basics of construction, I jumped over steps.
But when you draw a picture? You already have the gesture and the angle. How do you reproduce it?

Speaking of gesture, when you have your horizon lines and your vanishing point, how do you put a character with a gesture into that?
>>
>>2588606
I'm a huge fan of this youtuber, Zoe Hong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRJTj9QGZqs

View the rest of her videos. She does things classically, but she's a fashion designer and illustrator second, so the emphasis is lax.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.