[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When can I stop studying and begin attempting to make finished
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: JCampbell_Sketch.png (727 KB, 755x493) Image search: [Google]
JCampbell_Sketch.png
727 KB, 755x493
When can I stop studying and begin attempting to make finished artwork?
I feel like I might get bored of sketching figures all day, so what comes after? I've never fully rendered anything either.
>>
you should always be trying to apply what you're studying with larger projects. You'll learn more from a large project and you'll have a better understanding of what you need to learn next. Also, focusing on making finished artwork will help with taste and personal style. It's all about balance.
>>
>>2584278
Last time I tried finished stuff, it was when I started drawing in my grade 10 art class. It sucked, and that is why I never attempted painting and stuff ever again. I'll get started tomorrow. Thanks Friend
>>
You should be doing artwork that you enjoy also anon.

Don't let d/ic/ks convince you that you can only study and then branch out.
>>
>>2584274
oh god muh dick
>>
Just finish something then. Right now. pick something and finish it.
>>
>>2584377
J Scott Campbell, I got all his "sketchbooks"
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.