[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is better, left or right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: I'm better.jpg (669 KB, 4000x2000) Image search: [Google]
I'm better.jpg
669 KB, 4000x2000
My friend and I both drew a dog and we were arguing about which one is better.
>>
>drawing competition
>subject is not the same
>witch 1 iz beter guise im bettar amirite?
>>
>>2583407
It wasn't a competition, we coincidentally both drew a dog. Thanks for the help, buddy.
>>
they are both bad
>>
I think the one of the right is better.

Better use of value and contrast, more interesting angle, and there isn't so much pointless unfilled space as there is on the left.
>>
>>2583410
thanks
>>
right
>>
I don't know they're both pretty good
>>
>>2583403
Left: better grasp of the subject
Right: better shading and coloring
>>
>>2583486
What do you mean by grasp of the subject?
>>
anybody could have drawn the one on the left. the right took some creativity and was more of a challenge to draw I'll tell you that.

the angle alone pushes it further beyond the left one.
>>
>>2583403
left is rendered better, right is stylisticly more pleasing
>>
right is best.
>>
>>2583403
left looks good but unfinished and the lack of value makes the composition, if you'll pardon the pun, pale in comparison to the work on right
>>
>>2583487
Subject : Dog
>>
>>2583403
Left you hack
>>
>>2583403
I know they're not that good but I kind of like them both, I got the feeling that you guys out a bit of your heart on them, specially the one on the left, makes me feel a bit sad.
On the left the only thing really done is the head, I'd love to see it done completely.
>>
Right is better.
>>
left is better
>>
This is only going to end in tears.
>>
>>2583403
they're both trash but at least left has some form to it thanks to better values
>>
>>2585884
Haha I'm not 5
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.