[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.instagram.com/amyydraws / is this shit traced?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: deng.jpg (154 KB, 1080x737) Image search: [Google]
deng.jpg
154 KB, 1080x737
https://www.instagram.com/amyydraws/

is this shit traced? i feel like it is but i can't place all the source material

pic related looks A LOT like hades from Disney's Hercules but aside from that i can't place everything else, but the huge variation in quality and lack of stylistic consistency makes me think it must be

anyone got any ideas? someone said some of it looks traced from anna cattish

thx
>>
>>2581720
I see a lot off meg to the girl second to last at the far right, and a lot of pegasus in that thing bottom right. Typical tumblr incest with the girl mid left, as well as the guy top right. I looked at her instagram, and I like her chinese stylized stuff, but nothing else.

Also, the colorized girl looks like a Vaughn Bode.
>>
File: 1425260550933.jpg (324 KB, 894x700) Image search: [Google]
1425260550933.jpg
324 KB, 894x700
>>2581720
She could or could not be stealing, either way I have a feeling I'd hate to be around her.
>>
>>2581720
looks like some pretty run of the mill shit desu
>>
>>2581720
>cartoon
>tracing
No one would be retarded enough
>>
File: eh.gif (3 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
eh.gif
3 MB, 1000x1000
>>2581720

I'm not sure if they are, I think tracing cartoons to that degree is pretty rare.

But since we're calling out potential tracers, can anyone tell me if they think this is a trace?

This persons gallery has such a huge disparity in quality, their portraits look good with a nice sense of form but the "cartoons" look like they lack all of that knowledge. Maybe they are just good at copying photos?

http://ciov.deviantart.com/gallery/
>>
File: 123245235.jpg (167 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
123245235.jpg
167 KB, 1152x648
>>2582082
>No one would be retarded enough

You sure about that?
>>
>>2582147
>>2581720
this is so fucking cheap. I hate when they do that.
especially if its another grill with her MUH cute/relatonship/OCs bullshit.
However it's harmless - they usually dont go anywhere out of this harmless comfort zone.
It's hard to hate them for long. Just ignore.
>>
>>2582147

Definitely heavily referenced, doesn't strike me as traced though. There are enough little differences (the nose, jawline, eyes, etc).

Strikes me as another ref dependant artist - they're a dime a dozen, even on here. People here just call them studies and copy it outright rather than trying to make it into something else.
>>
>>2582140
Might just be that he is trying to break out of the study rhythm? Happened to me when I had studied tons of portraits exclusively for about 3 months and finally trying to get away from that without knowing how to apply what I had learned to a more stylized look.
>>
>>2582167
Yeah, it's not traced I guess, but that's not "using reference" either and a study is something completely different. That's flat out stealing already existing designs and pretending it's your own by making tiny changes to them. I mean, that's clearly Hades, the girl is clearly Megara and bottom right, that's fucking Beast, all of their distinctive features copied 1:1.
>>
>>2582167
lmao that's not what referencing is

holy fuck the average /ic/ user everyone
>>
>>2582167
>Definitely heavily referenced, doesn't strike me as traced though.
are you like...literally retarded?
this is a complete ripoff.

Like one of those hilarious chinese bootlegs ripoff where Sonic named as HARRY POTTER 78 or shit like that
>>
>>2582167
lol

just wow
>>
OP here

Just slipping in to remind all of you saying this shit doesn't get you anywhere, etc., that this chick had a job at Disney, soooo

Clearly it has some real world application
>>
>>2582468
Well, he is pretty decent. After checking out her work, the image you posted was very misleading.

What exactly was the point of this thread?
>>
>>2582471
>is this shit traced?
>>
>>2582212

Do you know what "trace" means?
>>
>>2582468
>>this chick had a job at Disney, soooo

Tons of pros blatantly trace and steal photos, unless you get the company you work for into legal trouble they can't give less of a shit how you do your job.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.