[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Improving in your dreams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
have any of you experienced a dream when you solved an art related problem in your sleep?

on 2 occasions this has happened to me, one where i was painting this epic forest scenery in front of me in a dream, and it almost seemed to go in real time.

another was when i was at a market and i got a crit on my drawing of a face from a salesman. it was a problem i was trying to fix the whole day before and fuck me it it literally improved my faces overnight.

i'm currently working on trying to lucid dream, hoping i can make these kind of dreams more regular.
>>
>>2580538
Ask /x/ how to.

Just, really, really try to ignore the other "astral" shit they post.
>>
>>2580538
Well shit OP I might just do the same

How do you lucid dream?
>>
>>2580538
lucid dreaming does help with it

i mean when you think about it your mind is capable of cataloging so much detail down to people's faces and architecture accurately enough to portray it back to you in your dreams

if you can tap into that then you can do anything really
>>
>>2580538
I lucid dream a few times a week. if i don't lucid dream, then i don't dream at all.

If i get a headache from doing intensive art studies then i dream about it. if i don't have that headache from taking in information I feel as though that day was wasted.
>>
>>2580701
there's a few tricks like always trying to count your fingers during the day, trying to get into the habit of it so much, that when you do it in a dream (and you inevitably have more or less fingers than you should) you notice you're dreaming and can control what you do . theres a lot of other methods, but i'm pretty new to all this stuff
>>
I never dream or I don't remember it. When I do it almost always depresses me
>>
File: 1466791045314.png (353 KB, 600x587) Image search: [Google]
1466791045314.png
353 KB, 600x587
>>
>>2580849
>can confirm finger trick works
Did it once after a few days of finger-checking. It was morning and I went to the bathroom and looked at my fingers out of habit and I saw my hand was blurred with way too many fingers. It didn't last long though, since I didn't have much time to sleep.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.