[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creativity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: datboi.jpg (56 KB, 680x503) Image search: [Google]
datboi.jpg
56 KB, 680x503
Hello /ic/! I am working on a research paper regarding creativity an artists compared to scientists for uni. Would anyone care to answer these questions? Much obliged for your insight! :)

Who in your life has inspired you & why?

What advice would you give others to become more creative?

How important is education to creativity?

How do you deal with creative blocks?

When did you first become creative?

Do you have a specific creative process you need to go through? How did you develop that process?
>>
>>2579471
>Do you have a specific creative process you need to go through?

I masturbate a lot.
>>
A girl on Instagram inspires me daily desu. Mostly it's because I find her absolutely beautiful and so is her work

Surround yourself with creative people

0/10 although I feel calc2 and higher level maths can be beneficial

Sleep

Youth. My art class around 1st grade

I think very calmly right before sleep and try to arrange beautiful things
>>
>>2579471
My main inspiration to start to draw are Barbucci, Matteo de Longis and Nekro. I love the style of these guys and the "worlds" they create around their drawings.

Is hard to advice someone to be more creative. But, there is no doubt reading, watching films and playing games kinda helps to develop the imagination. And not having mental taboos is important too.

The education in creativity is kinda important, creativity without control is as bad as not having creativity.

How to deal with blocks? Sometimes you need time to "unlock" your mind. But in some cases you can also try drawing something different or do art challenges.

I don't really know how i became creative and when, is something that has been there and i developed with the time.

My creative process changes a lot depending in my mood, sometimes i only need to have a tiny idea about something that i have seen, and from there i develop something different, another times i do it with some guidelines and "rules".
>>
>>2579471

> Who in your life has inspired you & why?

My mother. I don't feel like answering the second part of this question.

> What advice would you give others to become more creative?

Observe the world around you, it is way more interesting than anything you can think of.

> How important is education to creativity?

See above.

> How do you deal with creative blocks?

I read books or go to the gym.

> When did you first become creative?

It was something I slowly grew into through my teens and early 20s.

> Do you have a specific creative process you need to go through? How did you develop that process?

Usually it is just something I have been thinking about for awhile and I just poke around with that idea on paper until I find something that looks good. I keep dong that until I am satisfied or too tired.
>>
File: 1461867839631.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461867839631.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>2579471
My father inspired me to draw more cos of the doodles i would draw during class

Creativity begins when you step out of yourself and explore

School edu NONE but pushing yourself through others is good

i work on my linework and figure drawings

when i was a small babbeee

I wait until midnight strikes so i can start making my routine sandwich and ready my desk for a drawing session. I found this to be the best time to be creative due to my lack of sleep and paranoia. My drawings or rather...illustrations take a mabre tone and mostly inspired by HP Lovecraft.

Hope this helps yo and if not just shoot another question at me
>>
>>2579471
1. Anyone that I can learn from. Learning from their experience motivates me to apply it in order to better myself.

2. Instead of trying to capture reality, think about what you can do with reality.

3. Depends on what you mean by education.
If you're talking about studying and memorizing shit then education means almost nothing. If anything it inhibits creativity by trying to keep you in line. If you are talking about knowledge then it is extremely important, You need to understand know how things work in order to alter it in a way that is considered creative.

4. Sleep.

5. Creativity grows to the extent of knowledge. One does not simply become creative. His creativity is defined by the extent of how knowledge is applied accordingly.
For example, pic related >http://i.imgur.com/YhIKw18.gifv
is considered creative because this dude's knowledge of the fallout 4 physics engine was applied in a unique manner. To answer you question though. Around grade 1 when I started drawing.

6. Personally I just think of whatever that i don't see enough but would enjoy and appreciate. Then i draw it.
>>
>>2579471

>Who in your life has inspired you & why?

When I was 9 I had a teacher who was brilliant at art, but gave up to pursue a "real job."

>What advice would you give others to become more creative?

Take in the world, and use it to benefit your art. e.g. harsh life experiences, interesting people, artworks, philosophy, mythology, politics, funny gifs, etc. take nothing for granted.

>How important is education to creativity?

The more knowledge and understanding of an artform you attain, the more freedom you have to express yourself. i.e. the better you know your language, the easier it is to say exactly what you mean.

>How do you deal with creative blocks?
Power through. most blocks can be destroyed in hours, as opposed to weeks/months of stagnation.

>When did you first become creative?
I became 'creative' the instant i got a compliment on my shitty childhood artwork. Same as most art kids.

But to be honest, I don't think creativity is something you become. I think it's something you're born with, that gets beaten out of most people by societal expectation and peer-pressure. Someone or something made you feel like you couldn't be creative, and you believed it.

>Do you have a specific creative process you need to go through? How did you develop that process?

I don't have a formula or anything. The things I create are based off desirable aspects of other artwork. I'm right-brained but it's kind of intuitive:
>find something you like
>figure out what you like about it
>add that to your visual library
>repeat
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.