[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do japanese artists on Pixiv do for a living if they don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: CkvRcTKVEAMpcz-.png (370 KB, 800x878) Image search: [Google]
CkvRcTKVEAMpcz-.png
370 KB, 800x878
What do japanese artists on Pixiv do for a living if they don't have art related jobs? Live off their parents? Some of them have pretty interesting non art or design related work, but still manage to draw like the pros
>>
>>2577757

lot's of them are either neets or businessmen
>>
Mostly to do with culture of trying to prove themselves, also, neeting it up, japan has a huge population so there's bound to be more artists that are good regardless of side jobs, japanese are often also rich so they can afford (high quality?) art classes that are most likely nearby because of the huge population
>>
>>2577764
This makes a lot of sense....
>>
>>2577764
I can see that, where I leave there is a lot of empty land and villages are not that populated. My biggest drawing boosts I ever had where some cousins from the town would come over for summer and we would draw together

in retrospective, my art classes at school dragged me back, since I was the best, no competition, and the ''art teacher'' was just a teacher from another class makings sure we are quiet
>>
>>2577757
You can just look at what they put into the "occupation" section in their account profile.
>>
Why the fuck is everyone sucking Pixiv's dick all of a sudden?
>>
>>2578664
>all of a sudden

this board is 99% gook suckers
>>
>>2577757
Who did the art for this, Polyle?
>>
>>2578671
shut the fuck up you lame ass nigga
>>
>>2578741
https://twitter.com/aheahead
>>
>>2578671
>gook sucker

Nice use of buzzwords, faggot.
>>
>>2578671
It wasn't how it used to be. Once anime was banished from this board and those were the best times.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.