[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ic/ success stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 1463644313666.jpg (62 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
1463644313666.jpg
62 KB, 720x576
when i first came to /ic/ there was a wall of text from a successful artist who apparently browsed the board, i remember it being pretty inspirational. anyone got a sauce on this?

also post other artists that got gud and also posted on /ic/
>>
>>2575812
haven't seen it but sounds interesting. Bumping for curiosity.
>>
>>2575812
Was it the one Richard Williams wrote about how he was taught the foundations of traditional art before going into animation, and how art schools are failing students by not teaching them proper technique?
>>
File: RMHu1v0.png (41 KB, 1243x317) Image search: [Google]
RMHu1v0.png
41 KB, 1243x317
>>2575887
>>2576068
Just for you new people
>>
>>2575812
Tehmeh? He's an arrogant douchebag, you shouldn't listen to everything he says
>>
>>2576100
oh it's tehmeh, nvm then I've already seen it before. It sounded like something else. Thanks tho
>>
>>2576100
Never seen this, its pretty solid advice.
>>
>>2576100
>you do not learn anything from doing studies in art, draw from your imagination only and ignore reference guys

Is this guy serious? Obviously he wants less competition
>>
>>2576219
That's not what he's saying though
He tells to draw whatever you want ans when you get stuck and don't know how to do it go study whatever you need for it
>>
>>2576219
Wow, if this is not bait then it's really sad, talent might not exists as a magic device but if you don't have at least an average IQ you will really never make it no matter what.
>>
>>2576219
I think he means that you should draw from imagination in addition to studying?
>>
File: tayswift.jpg (95 KB, 574x720) Image search: [Google]
tayswift.jpg
95 KB, 574x720
>>2576100
So does this mean if I just keep browsing /ic/ daily I'll git gud?
>>
>>2576418
ahahah of course not
>>
>>2576100
Sounds like this guy's emphazising the helpful side for a change.

Got some more of that stuff? My IQ sucks especially when it comes to handling the new medias incase it could be fetched in some archive I don't know how to find?..
>>
>>2576418
yes
>>
File: 1451248060907.png (111 KB, 1405x652) Image search: [Google]
1451248060907.png
111 KB, 1405x652
>>2576100
>>
>>2576100
>drawing on livestream every day for 15+ hours doesn't get you anywhere
lavaflake btfo
>>
>>2576219
do you have any goddamn reading comprehension. no, that's not what he said at all.
he's saying becoming a photocopier is useless, you have to apply what you learn from studying, and a good way to do that is by working on a piece and problem solving as you go
in other words
>omg i wanna draw a knight fighting a dragon
>hm i gotta study anatomy & dynamic posing to get that figure right
>hm i gotta study textures and rendering to get that armor right
>hm i gotta study animal anatomy, character design, and moar textures to get that dragon right
>wow i just improved a fuckton while working on a piece from imagination whadya know
>>
>>2576632
I believe that is not what he's saying at all. What he's saying is that most people do what you suggested. Instead you should:

>omg I wana draw a knight fighting a dragon
>just fucking draw that. Do it. Don't to studies first, just draw a knight fighting a dragon.
>Reflect on the finished drawing and learn from the experience, the things that came easily and the difficulties you encountered.
>>
File: always-sunny-procrastination.jpg (32 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
always-sunny-procrastination.jpg
32 KB, 512x384
>>2576566
Basically just draw and learn to critique yourself

Doesn't matter if you want to do realism or imaginative work or both.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.