[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, me and another anon are working on creating a game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: [N1}TP4L`)`%{27D%C6BXNJ.jpg (77 KB, 389x389) Image search: [Google]
[N1}TP4L`)`%{27D%C6BXNJ.jpg
77 KB, 389x389
Hey guys, me and another anon are working on creating a game for sale on steam. We need an artist to join our team. We're writing, programming, marketing and promoting the game ourselves, but we need someone to come in to help make the characters and settings come to life. We're offering 20% of the profits we make on steam or anywhere else we manage to sell it.
anyone interested either reply here or email at
[email protected]

and we can start to discuss our objectives as a team.
>>
>>2575611
Interesting art style, I actually think this could work with our ideas. Are you able to email so we can talk specifics?
>>
>>2575553
Post some info? About the game etc
>>
>>2575553
What's the game about op? When you say artist do you mean sprite model or just concept?
>>
>>2575553
>hey does anyone want to work for nobodies for free on the off chance that our game idea won't fail miserably?
>>
>>2578140
Not OP, but I really don't get why fellow artists always act so hostile towards these unpaid collaboration projects. Obviously, if you are at a professional level where your time and work is worth money, then it's not aimed at you anyway. No one expects an artist who is making a living with his art to work for free. But what's the big issue if some nobodies without a budget, working on their project ask if a nobody artist would be interested to join in?
>>
>>2577893
>>2578070
>>2578140
>>2578243
Their game "idea" is a visual novel which anyone can make in a weekend.

They want you to do the most time consuming and difficult part aka the visuals.

For the most time consuming part they will give you 20% of profits on steam which is saturated to the brim with these types of visual novels.

In conclusion
>We want you to do the hardest part and then get %20 of profits on steam, sound good? heheh
>>
>>2578273
It is worth doing for the lessons inherent in getting familiar with the processes of what game makers want. Its something to put on the resume,something to show another prospective client once the project concludes in either failure or success. And for those who lack inspiration and direction normally,its a double blessing.
>>
>>2578582
Keep trying OP. "Free experience" and "free exposure" are exuses 1 and 2 in the "I don't value your work enough to pay you for it" handbook
>>
What kind of game? Pixel art?

I can do that
>>
>>2578243
>Why do you care about inexperienced artists who don't know what they're worth getting taken advantage of?
>Why do you care about the market you're working hard to break into and turn into your full time career being watered down and devalued as something people should be happy to do in exchange for a glorified lottery ticket with a miniscule jackpot instead of actually being paid for their time and expertise?
>Why do you care about people continuously misunderstanding art as something people can shit out so easily that it's worth only 20% of the profits of a VN where the art makes up considerably more of the finished work, as well as taking considerably more effort and expertise even if the distribution of work was even?
>>
>>2578582

Someone who can't afford to pay you is not a professional, and an aspiring artist won't learn shit from their process.
>>
>>2575553
Where is your game? You know tech demo with boxes instead of art? Oh there isn't any?
Nice try idea guy
Pls kill yourself
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.