[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Want to build a PC for drawing, painting and play a couple games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: karl p.gif (98 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
karl p.gif
98 KB, 500x281
Want to build a PC for drawing, painting and play a couple games (TF2 and Skyrim). I just don't know where to start. I know this is more of a /g/ topic but i want your guys' opinion.
>>
>>2575514
this isnt 2005, literally anything will do. Get a dedicated graphics card and fuck off
>>
>>2575514
Set a budget and just do what gamers would do. If it's good enough for gaming, it's good enough for art.
>>
>>2575515
>>2575517
Alrighty.
>>
>>2575514
You won't need a massive budget PC to won games and be able to paint smoothly these days. But I wonder consider getting 2 monitors, as that will be more beneficial then a nice graphics card.
>>
>>2575514
photoshop and other digital art softwares mostly depend on ram and CPU power, so if you don't plan on playing the most demanding games, you can save some money on the graphics card.
>>
File: w8mdAsp.png (260 KB, 413x409) Image search: [Google]
w8mdAsp.png
260 KB, 413x409
> Fuck off
> Alrighty.
>>
What's your budget OP?
>>
>>2575534
OP here, $0-1000
>>
>>2575539
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/BXbhqk
have fun bae
>>
>>2575514
>playing games
Not gonna
make it
>>
>>2575543
Ah, thank you so much!
>>2575548
Yeah.
>>
>>2575543
>http://pcpartpicker.com/list/BXbhqk
>i3
>z170 motherboard
why
>>
>>2575515

Fuck you kindly Nose cancer :^]
>>
In the $1k range,
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/qygtJV
Pick whatever motherboard/case you want, change storage size to suit your needs. If gaming is your main focus, swap i7 for i5 and get better GPU. TF2 and (unmodded) Skyrim could run on a potato.
>>
>>2575554
i was going for cheap
>>
>>2575583
You don't really need the z170 board then, swap for the cheapest b/h170 from a good brand and put the rest of the money into an i5.
>>
For video cards maybe wait a month for the reviews to come in for AMD's new cards. Should give a lot of bang for the buck.
>>
Max out the RAM.

With any modern computer you will have a few dozen things running in the background at any time like antivirus and the like. So the more the better and most the best.
>>
I'm using a Surface Pro 2 rn (the 10.1 inch, 4gb ram model) I bought on craigslist for $300.

I don't like using the screen to draw and actually have an Intuos Medium hooked up to it. It works great with Krita as far as I've seen and can play some games, too. CSGO for example is def. playable on the lowest settings so I imagine if you play LoL or any of that shit you're probably fine, too.

Highly recommend. Otherwise just get a laptop from Sager or something.
>>
>>2575514
IBUYPOWER
>>
>>2575514
SSD and i7 > 8gb ram > year old graphics card

ask reddit buildapc IRC for help
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.