[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>starting to change focus and direct efforts into art whi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: contractsbitch.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
contractsbitch.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>starting to change focus and direct efforts into art while maintaining a 30hr part time.
>makes a doodle based on product usage for an indie company
>they love it; reshare
>15k views. omgyouinstafamousnow!
>get approached by company to commission pieces
>holyfucknowayomfgomfgomfg
>they are like yes way, e-mail us prices and get to work!
>send them an email discussing cost of material
>25/hr
>shipping to florida (hq)
>get started on paintings. 2 of them. 20x30.
>take progress photos
>"omg we love them! omg! great direction!"
>love the encouragement. spend a couple days on the paintings. thinking, yay, rent scored within a week. boom.
>send completed photos of the works
>company suddenly has an issue with "style"
>"anon, there were no features presented in the sketched canvas version"
>mfw, the features were the fucking same!!!!!
>offer to make changes, but express annoyance that they approved the progress photos.
>"anon, you are getting "defensive". i'm gonna pass now"
>MFW I SHOULD HAVE MADE A FUCKING CONTRACT WITH THE FUCKING COMPANY.

DON'T BE NAIVE. Never do anything in good faith. Whether it be for your facebook bestie or a fucking booming company. Even if they act all super fucking nice, and cheery, and shit, when it comes down to collecting the $$$ people fucking change on a dime.

You live and you learn I guess.
Never gonna happen to me again.

This helped: https://graphicartistsguild.org/tools_resources/letter-of-agreement
>>
>>2569591
Cool story bro, are we supposed to take in in good faith?

Without pics, my objectivity standards tell me that they me be right, and that you may have reacted like a bitch causing them to back off. But maybe you're right? I can't tell without evidence.
>>
post your work
>>
Sorry you had to learn that lesson the hard way, anon.
>>
>>2569591
>but express annoyance that they approved the progress photos.
i wonder if this was a smart thing to do
>>
>>2569624
>>2569701
Don't change the subject. OP is throwing accusations that he can substantiate, or not.

There are many artists that are victims of such scam. Recently, we saw Anthony Jones was harassed by backers wanting their rewards, and he was even the subject of internet hate.
So he should show if he's telling the truth or not.
>>
75% up front, and the rest after you finish.
>>
>>2569711
Lmao. I'm not posting the paintings in lieu of it getting back to them. You think I'm born yesterday. Don't know how shady d/ic/ks are? You think I want my professional career burned for this?

They did send me 30 bucks to replace the canvas and stuff. So I guess that was nice.
>>
>>2569955
Well, fuck off then.
You know how lazy and unreliable artists are. Just look at >>2547043
So with your "boohoo I'm a victim clients are abusers", maybe you're right, maybe not, and I have no reason at all to believe you. And you should know how things go. Good luck with your "professional career", you seem to know your business.

>Don't know how shady d/ic/ks are?
I love people who go talk to people to insult them. Why do you post here idiot?
>>
>>2569955
Are you really afraid of the 17-25 year olds here? They can't even make it out of their bedroom to use the toilet without their mother dragging them out by the foot.
>>
>>2570001
See, that's experience talking there.
>>
>>2569998
Not OP but it's not like the story changes if OP is telling the truth or not. The core message that you need contracts stays true no matter what.
>>
>>2570010
I agree in principle, but it sounds too much like some bitch who dindu nuffin and wants to be hugged.
If you want to do such a thread, start a new one with "what are some good contracts to make for such types of jobs, etc" which may actually steer the conversation in a good direction and, maybe, be actually useful for somebody.
>>
Why can't we all just trust each other ;_;
>>
>>2570027
Anthony go away.
>>
>>2570001

/ic/ doesn't need to go anywhere to be vindictive cunts and fuck with you online.

I don't get why everyone is giving a company the benefit of the doubt when OP's advice should be pretty obvious no matter what, and /ic/ says it about personal commissions all the time. Doing shit on good faith gets you burned, this not a controversial stance on this board, but everyone seems eager to say he's full of shit for some reason.
>>
>>2570010
>>2570039
Thank you!

All I'm saying is, I was totally blown away that this company picked me to do commissions for hq, that I became so naive and in awe over the idea of doing big, important pieces that I lost sight of the business aspect of it, and didn't get my shit in a row. That, since they sought me to do them, everything would be fine, and I'd be making some serious buck. I personally believe they took advantage of my good faith.
>>
>>2570072

>I personally believe they took advantage of my good faith.

>some bitch who dindu nuffin and wants to be hugged
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.