[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have just started practicing drawing for real. I want to improve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Neptune_V2.png (70 KB, 1317x1336) Image search: [Google]
Neptune_V2.png
70 KB, 1317x1336
I have just started practicing drawing for real. I want to improve my currently nonexistent skills and be able to create OC one day. Do you guys recommend me to practice drawing OCs right from the start? Or should I spend a good long time just attempting eyesight copying artists I like??
>>
>>2568059
The best thing is the one that will give you the least burn out. If you like drawing OCs more then you'll have more passion for it and likely more improvement and will to keep practicing and learning.
>>
also if you implement your OCs in your studies you'll probably get more invested in both of them.
>>
>>2568059
>attempting eyesight copying

Not necessarily. You should never copy, but study. Study from life and understand how things work. Drawing OCs will keep the motivation up but it's important to supplement it with actual learning work (i.e. the work nobody wants to do).
>>
draw every day.... all the time... look at your mistakes draw things you like that make yiou want to draw... . thats the best advice i can give you.
>>
>>2568059
Both
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.