[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Career Opportunities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: KojimaProductions.png (118 KB, 1358x714) Image search: [Google]
KojimaProductions.png
118 KB, 1358x714
Kojima is looking for new people to join him in making games. Will you be the next Shinkawa?

Also, jobs thread.

http://www.kojimaproductions.jp/

https://www.artstation.com/jobs
>>
>>2317353
I'd love to work for Kojima but I'm not even close to good enough. I do have a question though - why do these job discussion threads keep getting deleted? It's one of the few really informative and productive topics that comes up, I never see any arguing, but they keep getting deleted and I don't understand why. I really hope this one lasts.
>>
File: tumblr_ny6dksV35W1raefs9o7_1280.jpg (519 KB, 1200x1438) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny6dksV35W1raefs9o7_1280.jpg
519 KB, 1200x1438
>>2317365
They get deleted? I used to post jobs and competitions some time ago and they stay up throughout. I guess just try to keep the discussion art related.

Anyway, I'd be happy if any of you d/ic/ks could get a job with Kojima.
>>
>>2317368
I feel like the last two I've seen have been pruned, but maybe they just didn't bump fast enough and I wasn't paying attention.
That would be great though, there are some people here I think are good candidates. I've been trying to bring some of Shinkawa's looseness and use of heavy shadow into my work lately. While I've actually been pleasantly surprised with some of the results, it's still too new for me. Whoever he works with will probably need to be someone who's already pretty refined. Also I can't design worth shit lol. Got any more art? I love looking at this kind of stuff.
>>
File: tumblr_ny6dksV35W1raefs9o1_1280.jpg (293 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny6dksV35W1raefs9o1_1280.jpg
293 KB, 1200x600
>>2317382
They're made by AJTron. You can find him on ajtron.tumblr.com
>>
File: image.jpg (397 KB, 801x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
397 KB, 801x800
Is elance, or whatever it's called now completely a waste of time. It seems like the job always goes to some Indian fella doing it for next to nothing. Are Indian men the death of freelance in general?
>>
>>2317412
From my observation, they in general do pretty sub-par jobs when it comes to creating art assets, quite mediocre. A very small handful of them can do good and great jobs though lately.

>death of freelance
Not now, but maybe in the near future. They're starting to fill art forums and facebook groups trying to git gud. Some of them will succeed, and will be content in charging lower prices than their western counterpart. They also have almost no understanding of web etiquette (like advertising on people's pages, sending mass mails to people's inboxes, asking stupid shit), which can be a double edged sword. They either get extra exposure, or employers would be disgusted by their actions.

But one thing that is in their favour is that they are hungry and will go the extra mile for something. That means taking pay cuts to gain an extra edge from competitors, or work harder to git gud even in their conditions. This is what it means to globalize jobs.
>>
>>2317412
>Are Indian men the death of freelance in general?

as long as they can't even communicate properly on english nobody is going to hire them outside of the 100$-painting peanut league clients who also look on DA forums for scrubs that do free work.

if you are in a spot where indians threaten your jobs, you need to take a good hard look at yourself lol. this is the same in graphic design, and every other indian-swamped freelance industry.
>>
>>2317419
>Some of them will succeed, and will be content in charging lower prices than their western counterpart.

That's not true. People have been shitting their pants over this and I can understand why, since it's true they can get away with charging less and still making a living, but there's no logical reason to. If the industry standard pays 10 times more than the minimum you need to live in your country you wouldn't engage in a race to the bottom to live a mediocre life out of 10 bucks, you'd ask for the same price everyone else is asking and bank on it. Yes, of course they still have an ample margin to undercut each other, but guess what? people who bid lower do so because they can't compete in skill so they add value to their service on offering it at a lower price point. That's not exclusive to the Indian boogeyman, underage kids do it too. Surely you don't consider highschool kids drawing on lined paper as your competition, right?
>>
>>2317412
I don't know any quality Indian concept designer. Could You, or any other anon forward me towards one?
>>
India will never take over the art industry, ever. Their whole culture is based on cheating and exploiting. They don't understand what it means to work and study hard in order to become really good at something other than cheating. That notion is completely lost on them and it shows in almost every aspect of indian life.
>>
>>2317434
What are your thoughts on them lowering the market price in general?

>>2317434
There's one kid who does a great job and got featured in a magazine somewhere, but I lost his name. He does mainly environment works, and he does it in a painterly way.

Jaggudada is an illustrator that is slowly improving. He normally does cowtits, but is getting jobs now.
>>
>>2317409
Oh the dude from the Artistic Goals thread, nice. Thanks for the link up, I followed him. Also, sorry for the delayed reply, I went to sleep.
Did anyone else ever mess around with the MGS online drawing thing http://artstudio.metalgearsolid.com/ ? There was a series of contests when they launched it. I tried entering but I was still shit at drawing digitally, let alone with any kind of style. Some people used it to make some really awesome stuff though, and it seems like it'd be a good way to practice. Even though Kojima probably isn't looking for a Shinkawa clone but still.
>>
>>2317438
I haven't been to India but this is my experience in other developing countries as well.
>>
I'm really interested in more job opportunity discussion so I'm gonna bump this thread.
>>
>>2317412
>>2317424
>>2317434
Companies only outsource concept artists, not concept designers. Any one can paint a pretty picture, to design something functional that works in part of an entire story is completely different. How does /ic/ not know this yet?
>>
>>2317687
Not really that dude from the thread. I just happened to like the design direction in the newest MGS. I know that they have set up a studio in LA to work on the MGO game, so it's interesting to see what is their take on the MGS art direction there. I know Gavriil Klimov has worked on it, but I still yet to see his models for the game.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.