[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this art? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU4 -UHkRFOs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: photo 2 (2).jpg (102 KB, 480x624) Image search: [Google]
photo 2 (2).jpg
102 KB, 480x624
Is this art?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU4-UHkRFOs

The "artist" keep telling everyone in the comments it's called rotoscopy and that it require talent.

Is this how all portrait are done?
If yes, its sad as fuck
>>
>>2565831
Couldn't even trace a fucking straight line
>>
>>2565869
drawing with a mouse

anyway i cant see how this is rotoscopy
rotoscopy is used by drawing/painting directly over the photo while simplifiying the shapes for animation, so it could be translated into movement easily, and the major point is, its actually used and usable for animation.

this is just copying a photo
>>
File: 250_16650994204_8585_n.jpg (45 KB, 378x504) Image search: [Google]
250_16650994204_8585_n.jpg
45 KB, 378x504
>>2565831
Mfw his values are still better than mine
>>
>>2565831
better than 85% of /ic/
>>
File: photo 1 (2).jpg (107 KB, 480x624) Image search: [Google]
photo 1 (2).jpg
107 KB, 480x624
>>2565972
>>2565963

Are you two talking bout the video or the pic?

I think everyone here is better than the girl in that video since there is literally no skill involved.

As for the pic, i drew it.
>>
>>2566080
is that a stretched asshole for a mouth
>>
How does that have 59k views? I dont understand.

I have nothing against tracing. I trace over drawing from my sketch book in photo shop all the time. I just dont see the point in doing this and ending up with a fairly shitty result.

If it was done to save time to meet a dead line for some thing she needed I would understand, but if you already have the picture why do the painting? The whole point is to make some thing that there isnt already a picture of.
>>
I'm pretty sure that's not how all portrait is done.
>>
>>2565831
at least it shows the part where it draws over the pic and color pic it and not blur it

you know who I am looking at you
>>
>>2565831
Kek, I did this for my art final and got an A, although I did it by hand and used tracing paper instead, it doesn't really require much skill other than knowing how to shade and color properly, and even then you just go off the reference
>>
>>2566100
Its a drawing of one of my "friend" and i just added goatse for her mouth.

so yea you're right.

>>2566109
Exactly. I don't know why people do that.
I know a few people that do pretty much the same,there is absolutely no reward in doing this.
Not even sure if you can call yourself an artist if you're just doing that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.