[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I changed my painting yesterday. When I first made it years back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11
File: P1000799edit.jpg (956 KB, 1257x1585) Image search: [Google]
P1000799edit.jpg
956 KB, 1257x1585
I changed my painting yesterday. When I first made it years back it was reacting from what was happening at that time. (inb4 fuck you chris) No gallery would show it and I couldn't get my message across. Now I've updated it and it's has changed in meaning and impact. It has a job to do still,
>>
File: P1000798.jpg (2 MB, 1800x2400) Image search: [Google]
P1000798.jpg
2 MB, 1800x2400
>>
>>2565826
It's shit.
>>
>>2565826
The upper part looks cool, the lower part look too realistic imo
>>
>>2565842
Yeah you're right, it looks uncannily like vomit.
>>
>>2565826
Let me guess, you're one of those guys who splash and waste paint in the delusion that it's 'abstract' or 'experimental' art when you have no real skill nor competence on the fundamentals.
It's horseshit OP, who would want to show that?
>>
the lower part has a moon type shape

there is a dialogue between the two globes, you can see where they pass between
once the pale shape lifted up the sun

now, they both levitate

it used to be through will the sun would rise

now the two globes hover and hold together

I am sad, I could never see the original meaning happen, that it would bring this new sun

maybe it could never happen

or was an impossibility

now the two orbs hover

and I think now more powerful

that this shape looks upon us
>>
like, art can do things

but you hate that it could in case you can't spit on it

well,

when we're gone maybe it'll win over

but you take the victory now
>>
OP I can tell you are a very sincere and honest guy, but seriously this isn't working. You need to develop a new technique to handle paint in controlled (albeit thick - the way you want it to be) manner and improved understanding of color, so not everything is dark, muddy, and suffocating. There needs to be a lot of light and dark, light must become lighter and brighter and play with colors as well. You need to paint a lot from direct observation, even while thinking of and manipulating the composition in abstract manner.
>>
File: s0053149_sc7.jpg (19 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
s0053149_sc7.jpg
19 KB, 380x380
>it's a "that mentally ill guy who gobs a half-dozen tubes or more of paint onto a canvas until it looks like goo while musing whimsically about the incredibly deep meaning behind this peculiar manifestation of his unfortunate condition" thread

There is only one correct and ethical response to these threads.

[ - ]
>>
>>2566262
it is symbolic of my current times in my nation

I could mention artist that have attempted similar things

instead if you don't understand someone making a spiritual communication through paint, please drive on normie scum
>>
>>2566600
Wow and he actually tried to give you some honest advice.

Well that'll teach him.
>>
>>2566635
wash your hands and stay away from me
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>2566262
>>2566600

It's not that we don't get the transcendental value of art, painting is your way of trying to express it.

That's fine, art as expression works. But how are you communicating? This requires a shared language, visual in our case. You cannot simply blather and gob paint on there as a representation of national crisis, how the fuck do we contextualize that?

If I was trying to make a point about immigrants in Canada, I might use a Cadmium Red monochromatic palette. Let's say the subject is "Buddies first day off the boat pondering why his education means nothing here, at the 7-11". I could set a scene up using the man and a few other people with that white/red palette, but leave the man achromatic. Establishing a contrast, making the viewer question what makes this man different, tying in the national colours.

Hell go full collage mode and work in some national identity symbols/schemes. Design varies from country to country.

But looking at your mud, all I see is no skill and too much overworking of paint. Place your marks carefully and with INTENT, none of this floaty whimsical bullshit. This took 5 minutes and will be used as underpaint

But you're not going to listen

Christopher never did

His palette of mud holding hand

Head lost in the trees

Ignoring the Forrest of shoulders
>>
>>2565827
Also stretch your own damn canvas, these tiny POS frames aren't doing you favours
>>
>>2566247
Actually, fuck you.

Art battle. 24hr time limit, you pick the theme and size. We both use oils and favor heavy impasto. Let /IC/ be the judge.

Fucking come at me faggot.
>>
>>2566807
I don't follow the rules, go away
>>
File: image.jpg (428 KB, 1505x1505) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
428 KB, 1505x1505
>>2567131
It's a playground, with loose rules. Let's see what you got bud. I'm a shit fucking painter, and we're going to arbitrarily create a measuring stick.

Choose a topic, choose a size.
Or propose a new structure of rules.

Don't run like a little bitch, back your shit up.
>>
>>2567138
Rude, I'm leaving this here. If anyone wants to Art Battle, state your rules.
>>
Yeah but I've won , it's a great work of art
>>
>>2567708
This niggah is falseflaggin im sure
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>2567714
Man I wish I was.
>>
I don't get it
>>
File: 006Charizard_Pokemon_Ranger.png (3 MB, 2323x1747) Image search: [Google]
006Charizard_Pokemon_Ranger.png
3 MB, 2323x1747
>>2565826
I see a charizard
>>
>>2567985
I'm trying to work out what it means now I've changed it
>>
Hey it's colored chewing gum under a desk guy again.
>>
>>2568789
I've changed it
>>
>>2568778
>abstract shit art in a nutshell
>>
It isn't abstract
>>
>>2568838
You're right, it's incomprehensible nonsense.

I say this as a lover of abstraction.
>>
>>2569010
You say any bollocks don't you
>>
The fuck it's dark, half of it is bright blue with a big bright red circle

You people say crap all the time
>>
I can explain it
>>
>>2565827
I hope it was student paint you used for this bait
>>
>>2565826
sorry OP, you have to make a name for yourself first before you try and shove this in peoples faces claiming it has a value of more than the cost of the paint used.
(its ugly and looks like it was made by some 2deep4u artist that no one gives a shit about)
>>
File: LUV.jpg (190 KB, 1037x778) Image search: [Google]
LUV.jpg
190 KB, 1037x778
>>2565826
https://youtu.be/It7107ELQvY
>>
File: P1000798crop.jpg (353 KB, 761x741) Image search: [Google]
P1000798crop.jpg
353 KB, 761x741
>>2573165
>>
>>2565826
Relevant
>>
File: P1000433.jpg (60 KB, 356x246) Image search: [Google]
P1000433.jpg
60 KB, 356x246
Hi!

I';ve emailed this to Marlborough Fine Art in London

on the very v er y very small off chaznce they read itr

could you all swear at me please/.

thakns
>>
>>2567952
Well it is a sunrise and you can see a moon like orb beneath which appears to have passed through a ring of red. On the right is a dash of off white which points to a trajectory to the top left where another white orb which is partially concealed hangs amongst the clouds.

It symbolises travelling through difficult times and the path towards the heavens afterwards.
>>
File: trig.gif (392 KB, 390x650) Image search: [Google]
trig.gif
392 KB, 390x650
>>2577657
It's in there, I can see that. But that's one hell of a narrative you're trying to shove in there bud.I understand that's what you perceive when you expose yourself to this painting/object. So I'm going to try and formalize this a bit for you.

Structure is not the enemy, rigid adherence to structure is.

Let's define a function f(x, a) -> (q, r)
Where [x] is the Art Object, [a] is the context (your life baggage/knowledge/feels/whatever that impact viewing), [q] a resulting effect from this exposure and [r] a constructed narrative.

f(>>2565826, "An active painting practice, Art history knowledge, programming, internet culture, white Canadian suburbia, pirogies, >>2565826 , ) -> ("Discord/the taste of stale chewing gum", "There once was a landscape the Artist wanted to capture, but he never learned to paint. He went on to create honey glaze gum, a small competitor to Spearmint before ODing on shrooms.")

Give me your outputs /ic/.
>>
>>2577657
And then you see the sun rises over a circular shape on the ground which contains all sorts of different colours. Which I suppose the Earth. The total sum of everything that the celestial bodies pass over.

I wonder if this white globe as well as being lunar is also the soul?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.