[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any suggestion to finish this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: IMG-20160416-WA0001.jpg (102 KB, 585x1040) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160416-WA0001.jpg
102 KB, 585x1040
Any idea to finish the background?
>>
>>2564633
the skulls look like you're only just getting started on them. the vertebrae are completely inaccurate, and the lack of teeth (or even grooves in the mandible/maxilla where teeth once grew) makes them look unfinished too. the relationship between the skulls and the jaws is uncertain, and the cheeks/zygomatic is off as well

and for the rest of the image to look finished, you need to paint the rest of the figures, or at least fade them out rather than having them end abruptly and unresolved.
>>
>>2564715

Thanks for yours comments! you can suggest me any colors or style to paint the background? :)
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 960x722) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 960x722
What.

Thumbnail looked like booty.
>>
File: xq67rO7.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
xq67rO7.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>2564724
>>
>>2564633
I'd rec keeping the background light, working it into and around the dark spots you already have. Perhaps lighten the skulls just a smudge. Just get a nice aesthetically pleasing "mess" look in the background and maybe smear (just a little !) the edges of the skulls. Get some choppiness going with the line and just finish it with an overall fluid/wet look. That's what I'd do.
>>
>>2564633
Maybe rethink your edges as I am guessing they have moved since your under drawing. Also using more than 1 color might help.
>>
>>2565379
>>2565394

Thanks, i will try fix the skulls and add more color to the background
>>
>>2564633
Are they supposed to be (somewhat) realistic skulls? Because those cheeckbones are fucked.
>>
File: 9283748273948.jpg (71 KB, 690x855) Image search: [Google]
9283748273948.jpg
71 KB, 690x855
>>2566490

Nope, realistic skulls don't looks like this XD, but i like to paint anything come to my head.

This is another paint i have done in the past.
>>
>>2566514
Alrighty if that's your thing then go for it! :^)

I would suggest on both of these pieces that you might wanna pop some specular highlights to make it more aggressive.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.