[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm a beginner (DON'T WORRY I'VE READ THE FUCKING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_mvbhfgWvSI1s852lfo3_1280.png (422 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvbhfgWvSI1s852lfo3_1280.png
422 KB, 720x404
So I'm a beginner (DON'T WORRY I'VE READ THE FUCKING STICKY) and I want to know if I can just skip some books entirely. They're way too feel-goody and it gets on my nerves too much for me to be able to properly learn from them. Can I just figure draw and study things visually and git gud or are there some things that only a book can teach me? If I have to learn from the books I will.
>>
>>2563724
>Can I just figure draw and study things visually and git gud
Yes, but at some point you need to study anatomy. If books are to boring just start drawing, and when you get into it come back too the books to fix what you lack. Motivation is such a huge thing at the start that it really matters. If shits boring you 100% wont stick with it.
>>
>>2563725
So how does someone increase motivation?
>>
>>2563768
draw what is fun for you.
>>
File: example.jpg (154 KB, 715x763) Image search: [Google]
example.jpg
154 KB, 715x763
>>2563724

Maybe you could learn how to skim through those books and take notes of the important parts, then coming back to do the exercises. That's what I'm doing. Saved me 100 pages of voodoo science and buddhist quotes when I read the new Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain.

You should always keep time to draw for fun anyway. All work and no play makes Professor Blook a dull boy.
>>
File: blook butt.jpg (243 KB, 1451x571) Image search: [Google]
blook butt.jpg
243 KB, 1451x571
>>2563789
>>
You read through a book enough to grasp what it is about and then you will know if you can skip it. It's simple like that. What somebody else can skip may not be the same that you can afford to skip.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.