[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How patreon and tutorials affected your personal style?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Painting-vs-Digital-Painting.jpg (569 KB, 1018x460) Image search: [Google]
Painting-vs-Digital-Painting.jpg
569 KB, 1018x460
Hey sorry to bother you guys, I'm not an artist but I noticed that a lot of digital paintings today use the same style and effects, it's hard to tell who's the artist behind many popular fanart paintings. I'm wondering if this is the first time that something like this happens? Is it because of tutorials and patreons and gumroads?

This is not about specific artists or traditional vs digital, I apologize if it's a bad question.
>>
Well observed, but yeah, generally it's not even tutorials, but just the issue with digital, tools are handy and generally you tend to use them rather than restrict yourself.

Crude example: because workflow is generally faster with digital, rather than trying to place one good line you can scribble few until there will be perfect one and erase the rest or even append those lines to one.

Theoretically the same thing, but not quite. And there's lots of such things that build up on top on each other.

Notice that best digital fags generally have very solid painting background. They work differently than most: restrict number of of layers and have different workflow.
>>
Anon it might just be because you dont have a developed enough eye to spot the differences. Chances are, you would think that all renaissance artists are the same too.
>>
>>2563311
>Notice that best digital fags generally have very solid painting background. They work differently than most: restrict number of of layers and have different workflow.
they do that also because they can afford to. if you are a small fry artist you will be asked to change a lot of stuff in your work, and here multiple layers come in handy. but when you are a well know and have artist freedom on your pieces you can work on just a few layers
>>
>>2563280
Christ could you be more beta in the way you phrased that question?
>>
>>2564929
>>>/b/
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.