[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Welcome to NYCC 2016'S Artist Alley Holy shit dudes.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: baby-holyshit.gif (2 MB, 303x228) Image search: [Google]
baby-holyshit.gif
2 MB, 303x228
>Welcome to NYCC 2016'S Artist Alley

Holy shit dudes. After applying for so many years I finally got in. I have never done an artist alley before and if I do this, I have no idea how to prepare for this.

What sells at an Artist Artist? Especially at one like New York Comic Con? Should I focus on my own original stories/comics or fanart?

I also work full-time so I'd have to take some days off to be there for the full weekend right? And if I'm there the whole weekend, what do about setting everything up? Do I have to set up my display and artwork every day and then take everything home at the end of the day or do I just leave it there?

I ask because I live an hour and a half from the convention so I don't like the idea of carrying everything back and forth.

Has anyone had experience with Artist Alleys?
>>
>>2561605
why'd you have to choose such a huge convention for your first one? if your stuff is still shit, you're going get buried in the massive competition and probably not even get what you paid back. keep in mind artists fly from across the country to sell at NYCC
>>
>>2561615
>stuff is still shit

If OP was shit, why would NYCC approve? They usually only allow pros that are already published so that's surprised that they even accepted him if he's shit.
>>
/cgl/ usually has an artist alley thread, maybe go check over there.
>>
>>2561670
Animu artist alleys where they sell keychains and plushies is different from an Artist Alley like at NYCC or SDCC. These cons prohibit selling t-shirts/keychains/pins/plush toys/etc. It's more fro professionals to sell their prints/sketches or books.
>>
>>2561605
talk to lex!
>>
Fanart prints of popular anime and video games are considered a safe bet. Most people cruising the Alley aren't going to give a shit about your original stuff if you're an unknown.

I imagine that you're responsible for your own table, so I don't think leaving your stuff there is an option. You should probably inquire about that as soon as you can so you can plan accordingly.

Seriously though, why NYCC? Last I checked, there are better cons in NYC that are actually geared for artists and indie vendors. MoCCA Fest and Comics Arts Brooklyn come to mind.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.