[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What types of scanners
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Hey guys I am novice artists and I wanted to know what scanner should I get. I am trying to get my stuff onto my PC so I can touch it up better and color it but, everything I look up says the prices are in the five hundreds. I don't want to keep taking pictures. Any help is appreciated I work with 11×14.
>>
There's always the option of going to FedEx to use their scanners if the size is too big to scan.
>>
>>2560748
Thanks for the info friend. Really appreciate it
>>
>>2559816
Any library should also have a scanner

If you are photographing your work, then a good set of lights will go a long way. You want the light to be evenly distributed in intensity and uniform in color so you can white balance it later
>>
The only tabloid size scanners that seem to be priced below 500 are Mustek scanners. But if yeah, if you don't have that kind of money, FedEx and your local library are better options. Just make sure you scan then at a decent DPI.

Did you put social media icons on your art?
>>
There are Canon Scanners for ~60 wich will work just fine, why the hell would you spend so much money on a scanner?
>>
>>2561149
No its just another piece of paper
>>
>>2561011
Ok what type of light would be great?
>>
>>2561152
All the ones I looked at can't fit 11x14
>>
I'm a traditional-only person and I use the epson perfection v39, it scans very cleanly and is relatively affordable at around $90, would recommend

The scanner itself is quite small so it can't scan oversize work, but comes with built-in software to merge images (photomerge is easier if you have photoshop)
>>
Why not get a smaller affordable scanner,scan a big work in chunks and Photoshop it into the Whole? Works for me...
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.