[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay guys so im sort of a beginner artist and i have the dream
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: biDfiQV.jpg (217 KB, 1215x717) Image search: [Google]
biDfiQV.jpg
217 KB, 1215x717
Okay guys so im sort of a beginner artist and i have the dream of one day becoming a Riot splash artist. How should i go about doing so? I don't really need the fastest way of getting there per se but rather a guide that i could follow to get me there eventually.
What im looking for are books, video tutorials and the like that could help me on my way there, anything really.
Pic related is the level i wish to reach some day, and if anyone know the artist behind this piece please let me know so i can go follow him.
>>
>>2558965
>>2556476
post current work if you want more tailored advice
>>
>>2558965
>read the sticky
>>
I hate to break it to you kid but here's the hard truth. It will take you a minimum of 3-5 years to get good enough to paint at that level, even with 6 hours of daily painting and art studying.
By the time you have gotten good enough League of legends might not even be around anymore, it certanly won't be the economical powerhouse it is today.

However, You still want to become a illustrator for video game marketing. That's great, there will always be a cool game or company around for you to work for. Make the job your goal not the company.
>>
I've juste noticed how shity the background in the left is
>>
>>2558965
The same answer as all these questions. First you have to paint as well or better than the artists jobs you want to do. Once you get to that level actually getting the job will be easy.

I wouldn't even worry about what companies you want to work for a lot will change by the time you reach that skill level

Find art you like, art you wish your stuff looked like and start working towards that. Doing studies, personal work, drawing in your sketchbook. Find out what other people studied to get better and do that.

See you in 5+ years.
>>
File: this shit..jpg (390 KB, 968x555) Image search: [Google]
this shit..jpg
390 KB, 968x555
>>2559686
that's the ''dead zone'', in game it's covered by UI so they don't pay much attention to it
>>
>>2559686
Why do noobies always assume low detail = shitty? The background is kept blurry and simple on purpose to create a strong focusing effect on the focal point on the right.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.