[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
More proof that talent is overrated. Concetta Antico is a tetrachromat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
More proof that talent is overrated.

Concetta Antico is a tetrachromat which means she has a extra cone and sees a 100 times more colors than a regular person. Yet her art looks like absolute garbage and her use of color is especially awful. Enjoy the schadenfreude, /ic/. You're gonna make it.
>>
>>2558185
Seems like she has a rare genetic condition and is using that to market herself and her art.

As far as I recall there's still no evidence that tetrachromacy actually makes a difference in the number of colour you see, and it's pure speculation that they can see more. Saying 100 times more is certainly hyperbole.
>>
How do we know it doesn't look amazing to other tetrachromats?? Huh???? This could be like an acid trip to them.
>>
>>2558209
>How do we know it doesn't look amazing to other tetrachromats??
this is actually a valid point

at least in color choices, the rest still looks shitty af
>>
Just because she can see more colors doesn't mean she can mix those colors properly family man, there's no telling what she sees in them.
>>
>>2558206
Tetrachromacy does not allow you to see "more" colors, It's not like they can see ultraviolet or infrared. Rather, It allows them to tell more similar colors apart. deeper reds have more visible contrast to lighter reds, and so on. In other words, no, having this genetic 'disorder' should not effect her artwork in any way, That is how I understand it, at least. Anyone correct me if I am wrong about this.
>>
>>2558222

In other words she sees more colors.
>>
>>2558185
>there needs to be millions on ppl to find one extraordinary good at painting
>on the other side you have a group of ppl made up of just one human

geez boss, I dunno, clearly the second group has higher changes to become an history remembered artist
>>
>>2558185
does that even matter if no one else can see the colors you painted?
>>
>>2558222
This. Colours are part of a scale. Tetrachromats are able to differentiate different tones and contrasts. It's like sound. Some people can differentiate tones apart from others. It doesn't mean they can hear a brand new chord that normal humans can't hear.
>>
>>2558834
But then that IS more colours. If you have limited ability to distinguish between colours then you see fewer. What might be red, red-pink, and pink to a normal person will be just one colour to a colour blind person. Someone with tetrachromacy could in theory see more colours in between the ones we can see.
>>
>>2558209
muddy painting is muddy painting. no matter how many hues you have. the values are off which means its universally shit.
>>
>>2558843
>Someone with tetrachromacy could in theory see more colours in between the ones we can see.

Yes but even if she had enough skill to paint them, we wouldn't be able to appreciate it because you would see her 99th shade of red exactly like her 100th shade of red.

An analogy would be those foreign languages which have 4 different kinds of "r". All I'm hearing is "r" but the natives easily hear the difference. Yet if they wrote a song, I wouldn't be able to appreciate this difference.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.