[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here know how light and reflections work? Because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: bird-water-reflections.jpg (13 KB, 400x295) Image search: [Google]
bird-water-reflections.jpg
13 KB, 400x295
Does anyone here know how light and reflections work? Because I'm stupid and can't do anything right...
>>
>>2558130
What's your problem? The reflection is just the form mirrored.
>>
>>2558151
Clearly not; look at the dang picture.
>>
The legs are pretty much exact mirrors, the as you go further (chest) it becomes squigly and then farthest off (head & back) it breaks off into lines. Think how a shocks fades as it gets farther from the source, and extends depending on the light source position, the reflection is effected by it distance from reflected and the movement of the agua.
>>
>>2558165
*shocks = shadows
>>
>>2558130

It works as if a exact (but mirrored) 3d copy of the seagull is attached under it at the point where the water intersects with the legs. Just grab a object and stick it to a window. It's the same thing except the undulating surface of the water distorts the reflection.

The reflection is NOT a upside down copy of the 2d shape we see. The water makes a mirrored copy of the world above it and flips it upside down. Notice how we see more of the chest of the bird in the reflection.
>>
>>2558194

>stick it to a window

I meant a mirror, obviously.
>>
>>2558194

Look at this picture. It's pretty obvious that the reflection is not just a flipped 2d version of what we are seeing here, rather the mirror image is seen as copy of the model in perspective.
>>
>>2558199
it's just another perspective, just put yourself in the mirror place and draw what you would see, it's not hard nigga, just kjg it
>>
File: reflect.png (455 KB, 762x1088) Image search: [Google]
reflect.png
455 KB, 762x1088
>>
File: optics_p9.jpg (83 KB, 555x743) Image search: [Google]
optics_p9.jpg
83 KB, 555x743
>>2558130

There's a pdf called OPT ICS by ANGELA WU, which is dealing witht this stuff.

> Pic related, the kind of stuff you'll find inside
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.