[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of artist who only do realistic celebrity portraits?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: MTI4OTkzNDg3MDg0NTMwMzA3.jpg (51 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
MTI4OTkzNDg3MDg0NTMwMzA3.jpg
51 KB, 620x412
Is it that they have skill and creativity or is it that they can replicate an image. Also that they base their skills on the fact that they can do this and only this and not create something from their own head. I just think there is more to art than just replicating an image especially when it is a celebrity image.
>>
>>2557810
Also drawing from life
>>
>>2557810
just ask them to draw a face with no ref. they crumble everytime.
>>
>>2557810
>He fell for the human photocopier meme
>>
poor /ic/

atleast they are better than 94% of /ic/
>>
>>2557810
People who say things like this are usually shit at drawing and just bitter.
>>
Nothing worth getting upset over. They'll rake in the social media followers, and an ego boost. That's it.

It might be annoying to see, but it's just best to move on.
>>
some artists just copy photos all the time
some artists just practice anatomy and construction all the time
some artists just draw characters floating in a void

arting is hard man
>>
File: wild_boy_1024x1024.jpg (45 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
wild_boy_1024x1024.jpg
45 KB, 600x450
>>2557959
Not him but im shit and i dont see the appeal of wanting to become a camera i mean if your art makes people question if this was a photo or a drawing, what was the point of drawing for 12hours?

It obviously takes a great deal of skill to accomplish this and i will happily admit that these people are lightyears ahead of me.
>>
>>2557969
this. theyre doing it for their own reasons.

i know what you mean op, it sucks to see other people making art for things like Facebook likes, but try to look at this way:
1. they are usually not from america and want to be accepted
2. they genuinely want to draw but are so starved of anything artistic that the first thing they resort to is drawing celebs
3. drawing in the current climate is a very questionable normie thing and its not even cool to be a lonely artist anymore. the cool kids are into fashion and money. so it totally makes sense that they draw things their normie friends will approve of. arent you drawing photostudies and figure studies because thats the thing to do on this board?
4. theyre still putting in the work and theres not much more you, a stranger, can really ask for.
>>
>>2557810
Your post is riddled with bitterness and loaded questions.
>>
>>2557810
>Do you think A or B
I think they display a skill that can be useful when drawing in general
>>
>>2557810

It's basically le 16 year old girl art
>>
What I find funny is the fact that pretty much all the kind of fags who draw like this never just take a picture of the drawing itself.

They are almost always taken with a group of pencils next to it, or you can see the notepad spiral binding, or they take a mid drawing shot.
>>
>>2557810
they like celeb gossip
>>
>>2557810
just another niche like muh dragons and spacemarines.
>>
>>2558054
> what was the point of drawing for 12hours?
> 12

Anon, some of those things take 50 hours or way more for a bigger format. Some people will pretend that they "just" rushed it to look more impressive, but it's painstakingly slow to do.
>>
>>2557810
>What do you think of artist who only do realistic celebrity portraits?

Where did they learn to do that?

> Hard mode, give me the name of a good book about that very particular niche
>>
>>2558479
Well shit, I was told it was nice to show the tools used so others who're interested in how you got some of your values could steal your tools if they liked them.
>>
>>2560113

Nah, it looks gay and doesn't show the drawing/painting properly.
>>
>>2560113
That's how I feel as well, since if you have a large following inevitably there are going to be people asking what you use.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.