[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here used any Huion display tablets? I was thinking of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: huion gt190s.jpg (27 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
huion gt190s.jpg
27 KB, 640x480
Anyone here used any Huion display tablets? I was thinking of getting the GT-190S, but I can't really decide. I've never had a display tablet, and I've seen a few bad reviews for the 190S, but more good ones. I know it won't be as good as a Cintiq, but it's cheap as fuck by comparison.
>>
>>2557219
Oh yeah, and the Yiynova MSP19U+ is another one I was considering.
>>
>>2557219
For the price range, would it be better to try and start with something like this, or something like an intuos 5- if you're already very used to drawing in traditional?
>>
>>2560343
I don't really think screenless tablets are worth it. The disconnection between your hands and the drawing is way too much. ESPECIALLY if you have a small one so you're stuck either drawing in a tiny as fuck box, or you have it scale so it moves more on the screen than you move your pen.
>>
>>2560413
The Intuos Large and Huion Giano make it so the disconnect is negligible. I recommend either in lieu of an expensive Cintiq.
>>
GT-185 is better
>>
I use pic related. It's Ugee-1910b. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles like the Cintiq, but everything you need is there and it's cheap af.
>>
File: laughing girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
laughing girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>2560413
>I don't really think screenless tablets are worth it. The disconnection between your hands and the drawing is way too much.
>>
>>2562622
>than TN display

As much as I would love to just buy a display tablet I don't think I could handle the color shift especially since I would be drawing on an angle. I'd need an IPS.
>>
>>2560413
confirmed for never using a tablet for more than a month.
>>
I'm also interested in a display tablet. I've been using my iPad and adonit touch a lot more than my Wacom recently would like to go further in that direction. Maybe anything under $500.
>>
Have a GT-190s. Upgraded from old Wacom bamboo. Feels like drawing on glass and had a few driver issues, resolution is not great and there's colour shift when not at an optimal angle BUT it is much, much better than using a conventional tablet.
>>
I got a Ugee 2150 and its great for the price, but SAI doesn't work on it for some reason.

>>2562622
Stupid question, but do you have any issues with your tablet pen? I let it charge for a day but its still lit up in red.
>>
>>2560416

I have an intuos 4 large, its huge and allows you draw without zooming in super far which I prefer.I also had a huion 6h10 pro before.

The big difference between wacom and huion is drivers, wacoms are so much better to install and use.

In terms of actual drawing I found huion causes line jitters so your forced to either use manga studio or something like lazy nezumi while wacom I can't even tell the difference between smoothing and not.

Basically if you ave the money buy a large intuos, if you have less than a couple hundred bucks get a huion and lazy nezumi. Its close to wacom but not quite there.

In terms of screen displays I don't see the point of getting off brand uc logic stuff, the whole point is to draw more accurately , if your forced to use smoothing you may as well just use it on a much cheaper tablet.

>>2560413
> The disconnection between your hands and the drawing is way too much

I used to think like that until I just forced myself to stick with a tablet a while and actually got used to it. After a while it becomes natural.

That said Cintiqs are more accurate, but I think they make for it in terms of better ergonomics , easier keyboard shortcuts and workflow and just being much cheaper.
>>
>>2563825
I just ordered a Huion WH1409. None of the many reviews I looked at mentioned any line jitters, so that kind of worries me.
>>
>>2563830

You might not get it sometimes its just luck honestly, the driver quality is so much based on your system and what os your using its impossible to tell.

Either way if you use some kind of smoothing software it will be fine.
>>
>>2563825
>>2563830
I had no line jitter with my wh1409, my Huion was flawless. Contrast with my Wacoms that have often had problems like random sensitivity spiking and so on.
>>
>>2557219
I have a gt-220 and its good. All you need to know is that the pen drift is real the pen tip matches the cursor for around a 14" section in the centre of the screen then as you move beyond this it slowly drifts out and away from the pen tip. Other than that having the cables come from the bottom edge is dumb because they are crushed under the unit and the bottom right heats up a fair ammount. I got mine for £260 used and its honestly worth every penny of £500-600 . I have used an older cintiq for a few days and yes it did have better cursor to pen tip accuracy but the colours/contrast on the huion are very good
>>
It's valid to look for cheaper alternatives and buy them, but know what you're getting into. Know that when you buy some cheap tablet you're gonna be looking at a "least worse" situation. Anyone who tells you any tablet is better than the Wacom equivalent is a fucking disgusting filthy lying shill piece of shit and you shouldn't listen to them. You're not going to get good quality, you're going to get maybe more value for your money but that's it.

Make no mistake, Wacom is overpriced to shit. It's overpriced as fuck and you can get okish shit for much less, but also it's overpriced because they can get away with it. If you need the best then just get a wacom. If you can deal with 70% the performance for 50% the price then get something else.
>>
I use a GTS190S. It's fine I guess but driver has issues with photoshop that I've never been able to fix. I use CLIP STUDIO PAINT primarily though and it works fine in that. It's not an IPS display so viewing angles are kind of fucked on it. For it's price i'm pretty happy with it though.
>>
>>2564089
Photoshop is literally irrelevant now that Krita exists anyway.
>>
>>2563702
my pen doesn't have any lights, and for me, it needs to charge for a couple of hours and it's good to go for weeks. also, SAI works perfectly for me. you may have a faulty tablet or maybe didsn't install the right drivers.
>>
>>2563825
I have the 680s for almost a year and never had any issue with the drivers or jitters. I've used it in SAI, CSP, Krita and Gimp (I don't know if Krita or Gimp uses stabilizers).
I love this thing so much I've already decided my next one will be a WH1409 if I ever buy a bigger desk. My only other tablet experience was with a Wacom Bamboo and it was years ago so I can't really compare but I think as a starter Huion is good.

Also, the "disconnect" between your hands and your drawing will be nothing if you're a gamer. After maybe a day, it felt natural to me but if you're not used to controlling things with your hands while looking up at a screen it will take you probably a week to a month to adjust.
>>
>>2564215
I'm the anon who mentioned the disconnect, and I play games constantly and always have. It might just be because I have an Intuos Small, though. I'm also the anon who just ordered a WH1409, so we'll see how that goes.
>>
>>2564181
Do you have a multiple display set up? After I reinstalled the driver, the cursor refuses to appear on the tablet screen, so I'm like using this giant screen to draw on my smaller laptop screen, fuck.
>>
>>2557219
i got an ugee (basically the same thing) and it's worked great for me so far
>>
>>2557219
I have a H610 Pro. It's definitely not a bad starter tablet. Don't know about their display ones though.
>>
>>2565152
Which ugee? I'm looking at the 1910b and would appreciate any advice, comments. Thanks!
>>
Does anyone on /ic/ even draw cars?
>>
>>2566336
No, everyone here only draws pretentious hipster shit instead of cool or interesting things.
>>
>>2566336
>>2566404
I think all the car guys went to /3/. Before there was /3/ they would get shit on as just being photomanipulators.
>>
>>2565152
i heard of all the complaints about the drivers for Windows, how was your experience?
>>
>>2566245

I recently upgraded from an Intuos to a Ugee 1910B and I love the shit out of it. It took a little while to get the color adjusting right on it compared to my monitor, but I have no complaints otherwise. Great purchase, great price.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.