[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am I missing out on by using GIMP instead of PS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 14D0jOp.jpg (80 KB, 552x367) Image search: [Google]
14D0jOp.jpg
80 KB, 552x367
What am I missing out on by using GIMP instead of PS?
>>
>>2553409
depends on what you do with it
gimp is like photoshop back in 2004
>>
File: le jacksonville jaguars face.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
le jacksonville jaguars face.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>not using Krita

[ - ]
>>
>>2553409
Use krita
>3.0 linux release not available in 32 bits
>windows does
what, why
>>
>>2553409
do yourself a favour and get a cheap copy of clip studio paint instead.
>>
>>2553438
What this guy said. When it comes to painting, Krita can imho already compete with the commercial tools. The only thing I would love is if more people(especially skilled ones) uploaded their brush packs because I hate making my own brushes and I still haven't found many brushes that would fit me.

In photoshop you can just google your favourite digital artist and you have a good chance of finding their brushes. Sadly photoshop people are cunts and don't disclose anything about their brush format so you can't use these brushes anywhere else.
>>
File: 132416878768.gif (973 KB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
132416878768.gif
973 KB, 500x240
>>2553456
>I'm too lazy to make my own brushes
>everyone else should make their brushes more accessible
>brushes will make me a better artist
Okay.
>>
I tried to download Krita, but it's such a bitch to configure. I can't even figure out how to shortkey stuff to the scroller on my mouse.
>>
File: 1397606026645.jpg (77 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1397606026645.jpg
77 KB, 800x600
>>2553409
>all pretentious retards in this thread.
Nothing literally has advantage over Photoshop. Stop being autistic and focus on drawings instead.
I can understand people using Sai because they in highschool/early students and it fits to their tumblr lineart+coloring style but still.
Nothing will ever top Photoshop.

While you trying to figure out how to configure shit i draw.
While you arguing about what is better i draw.
While you throwing your life to the shithole i draw.

In photoshop.
>>
>>2554156
Except brushes conveniently speed up your process. Once your good enough to know that brushes don't matter, you're happy to use the brushes that work best for what you're doing.

On the contrary, doing brushes has nothing to do with gitting gud, it's software mastery.

Point is, shut up.

>>2553456
There are some coder's horror stories about PS formats, it's so bad it 's not even nightmare fuel at this point.
But anyway the brush engines are different, so that wouldn't help *that* much.
>>
>>2557258
>hurr durr tools don't matter git gud
>hurr durr nothing but PS cuz it's such a good tool
>autism
>>
>>2557263
>hurr durr meme
>hurr
it is tho. Go finish your tumblr oc Timmy.
>>
>>2557266
Tell me mongoloid, why somebody can't be good without using PS? I must be as retarded as you because I don't understand the logic.
>>
>>2557258
this post is unnecessarily aggressive but its the true.
>>
>>2553409
i'm curious, show work.
>>
>>2557267
You seem upset Timmy. Did i hurt you?
Also im already finishing the picture while you still kicking dicks. :^)
>>
>>2553409
Use pen and paper. Much higher resolution and it doesn't crash.
>>
>>2557278
Post it, don't be the only one to laugh.

I'm not upset, more disgusted.
You're either a shill or one of the retarded "PS is best! -what? pay for it? are you mad?".
Either way, kys.
>>
>>2557275
Since you insist, here is my first digital drawing work.

>>2557287
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.