[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Books about clothing and their physics? I wanted to try pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: 70514-1001-3ww-l.jpg (58 KB, 430x600) Image search: [Google]
70514-1001-3ww-l.jpg
58 KB, 430x600
Books about clothing and their physics?

I wanted to try pic related but I don't know if there is better stuff to learn from first out there
>>
>>2552591
It's not worth buying a book on folds to be honest. You are better off just understanding that drapery is determined by three things--the form underneath it, tension points/slack, and the material it's made out of (thick? thin? stiff?).

Some people classify folds into categories, I think Bridgman is the first I've seen to come up with the 7 fold types, but I actually prefer these drawings to his of them: http://www.mightyartdemos.com/mightyartdemos-bradley.html

So yeah, understand the basic principles behind it, then do studies from life and photos. You will quickly start to understand how clothing typically arranges itself. It's really not as complex as some people think it is.
>>
>>2552596
I hope you're right, anon, because you're making it sound simpler than it might be.
>>
>>2552599
Well it's simple enough, but that doesn't mean it is super easy. To lose weight you just need to eat fewer calories, which is a simple idea but tough to do.

If you already have decent drawing skills though then learning drapery isn't as hard as some people make it out to be. At least in my opinion.

Also drapery is super easy to find ref on, either in life or from photos. So that alone makes it a lot easier.
>>
File: well, uhm.jpg (123 KB, 572x303) Image search: [Google]
well, uhm.jpg
123 KB, 572x303
>>2552603
>You will be gud when you git gud
Well... yeah, that's a no brainer, but that doesn't really help.
Any good book or exercises where I can kickstart?
>>
File: swastika_bw.jpg (21 KB, 200x201) Image search: [Google]
swastika_bw.jpg
21 KB, 200x201
>>2552591
lol what's with the swastika pose?
>>
File: quadruplesiegheil.jpg (64 KB, 682x572) Image search: [Google]
quadruplesiegheil.jpg
64 KB, 682x572
>>2552656
>>
>>2552667
kek
>>
>>2552667
>flip horizontally
>check'em
>>
>>2552591

I didn't find a better book. Heck I didn't find any other book on this theme. Also this book is really good.

Other people make tutorials or dissect drapery into 7 fold types and shit like that BUT they never explain the logic and reasoning behind it. And that is the most important part and this book has it. Even if you hate Hogarth this book is pure gold.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.