[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learning how to learn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
How to learn? Not just art but in general. How do you learn how to learn?
>>
First you have to learn how to learn how to learn.
>>
>>2552150
How?
>>
>>2552148
If you could Learn how to learn how to learn,
Then you already know how to learn and don't need to learn how to learn to learn.

You'll just have to practice like the rest of us
>>
>>2552176
I think u r wrong.
>>
Not OP, but I find it incredibly hard to read books. A lot of people just blast through books, and have shittons of books to support their knowledge. I've tried to read them, but in the end, I find it so hard tog et anything meaningful out of them. All they do is present something, and I then study it. But in the end, I learn nothing from the book itself, if I learn anything, its because I noticed something while studying. (so say: "draw a face and notice how the eyes are spaced 5 across the front" and I'll learn something entirely different, while maybe the knowledge of the 5 eyes will be lost since its "hard" to grasp (not in this example, but apply it to other things))
>>
>>2552148
Force yourself for 2 weeks (enter /las/ if necessary), then you develop OCD for that thing you were training.
>>
>>2552148
>How do you learn how to learn?

Rather than learning by yourself, through trials and errors until you find what works best for you, learning how others did it faster and lets you benefit from their foundings.

Things that you can learn to improve is:
> Memory (for example, method of Loci)

> Reading faster (and retaining more)
Apparently it's more limited than thought previously (around 400 wpm) but give it a try.

> Visual memory (Google "Horace Lecoq de Boisbaudran")

It should make learning new stuff easier. Also, how to take notes, how space repetitions work best than cramming 8 hours on a subject... there are certainly a lot of things you can learn about learning, even if you were one of the good students.

Finally, if you're a real madman:

> Polyphasic sleep, ubermensch

It doesn't make learning easier, but it gives you 4 extra hours of learning per day, which is nice. I only use Biphasic sleep, which gives me an extra hour to do stuff.
>>
>>2552219
>Polyphasic sleep, ubermensch
Do you notice that your sleeps are less effective during the summer?

I also polyphase my sleep: 1.5, 1.5, 4, and I'm not as exhausted to sleep in my 1.5hr chunks during the summer, so more of it gets pushed to the night. Personally, this is less effective because I'm not sleeping on the bus as much and I'm losing waking hours at home.
>>
>>2552148
start by drawing blinfolded, once you master blind drawing you can start learning the fundaments and practicing from life
>>
>>2552148

Make notes and questions in your sketchbook.
Thats all i do desu and im never confused about art since i write things down and let questions out of my mind as soon as they arise. I'll solve them when i want to move on.

Also, never copy. Be conscious about your decisions and methods.
>>
>>2552833
Never copy what?
>>
>>2552513
How do you do that?
>>
>>2552837

Im sorry i went a little off topic, it was ment for copying your refences in art.

Copying is like solving a math equation where you already know the answer from your friend.
You wont know all the methods involved in finding the answer if you just copy.
>>
i get always /ic/ to destroy me

helps me learn better and faster

either i straight up or i break
>>
https://www.coursera.org/learn/learning-how-to-learn
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.