[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: graffiti-art22.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
graffiti-art22.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Boise! I want to start graffiti, are there any things I should know before starting this illegal shit? Where do I buy sprays and pens? I'm beginner. :) thankyou.
>>
Graffiti looks like shit.
Grab a can of spray paint and plaster your own brand of shit all over someone elses property.
There's not much advice anyone can give you. If you want it to look good (it wont') you need to be a knowledgeable artist beforehand.
>>
>>2551029
>any things I should know before starting this
Yes. Stick to doing it on your own stuff. How would you like it if some asshole came along and painted your car green with pink dots?
>>
Well. I don't give a fuck. If you want you can come and spray my fucking car. I do what I want and I'm gonna spray every muthafuckin city in the world.
>>
Good attitude. So first of all you need a name for yourself. Make sure no other well known writers use it.
Secondly buy a sketchbook and practice tagging your name on it.
>>
>>2551137
Also dont go out bombing until youve really got your handstyle going on paper. At first it doesnt have to be toi complex. Start off simple
>>
Spraying on other people's shit is a dick move. I used to do it when I was a kid.

If you have to spray, do it at a skatepark. It's often legal and encouraged, and you will probably get recognition there if you're good. If you just write on park benches and walls and shit, no one will notice.

Also, work on your craft for like a year before you take it public. If you're serious about it, you don't want people recognizing your awful early work. Plus, using other people's property to practise is cunty.

If you want to rebel and spray on private property, spray over the top of advertisements. That's fair.

And god, don't just tag your name. Draw a picture. Doesn't have to be trite banksyisms, but show some talent, please.

I used zig markers and monster spray paint. Still use them for personal stuff, great quality imo
>>
>>2551029
When I was in highschool, the eshay lads bought those thick ass markers and scribble around the trains. Some got caught because they're dumbasses. Luckily there are now some legal graffiti grounds, just search your local areas for them.
>>
>>2551177
this sounds pretty decent
>>
File: basic.jpg (63 KB, 800x359) Image search: [Google]
basic.jpg
63 KB, 800x359
>>2551029
LETTER STRUCTURE IS KEY
FLOW IS KEY
Also, i would recommend not to paint illegally, its not cool.
>>
>>2551029
>Boise
is a city in Idaho
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.