[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of you go into sleep debt for working on your art whilst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Angry-Kitchen.jpg (58 KB, 634x369) Image search: [Google]
Angry-Kitchen.jpg
58 KB, 634x369
Do any of you go into sleep debt for working on your art whilst having typical obligations (work,school,etc.)?

Has it pushed you further at all? Caused problems?
>>
Yes. Yes. Yes.
>>
No. Often I get upset and discouraged at my work, switch to something different, and approach it tomorrow to find my brain has managed to work it out during the night.

Fatigue is shooting yourself in the foot halfway thru a marathon. Pointless.
>>
Not really. Usually get 6-8 hours. Could be worse.
>>
>>2550805
What is sleep debt?
>>
>>2550865
When you don't get the amount of sleep you properly need each day. Over time this causes problems with your memory, creativity, and energy, etc. Requiring you to need more sleep to get back to normal.
>>
>>2550805
monday to saturday- red eyes
sunday- normal eyes

I had to give up on going to church tho, I've been doing so for like 15 years
>>
File: YES YES YES.gif (736 KB, 395x222) Image search: [Google]
YES YES YES.gif
736 KB, 395x222
>>2550805
>>
>>2550805
If FZD students can do it with little to no sleep, so can I.
>>
>>2550869
Ah, good to know. I have a polyphasic sleep schedule. I don't sleep more than 4 contiguous hours, but I still sleep a total of 8hrs a day.

If needed I catch up on sleep during the weekends. Some anon once told me he got epilepsy from sleep deprivation...
>>
>>2550869

this is fake. there was a study posted on /r/science debunking this voodoo bullshit.
>>
>>2551001
When you consistently sleep for less than 6 hours a day every day you get progressively sleepyer every day.
That's pretty empirical.
>>
From my experience at army if you sleep properly in the dark and quiet at the same time every day you'll grow comfortable with 6 hours a day.
A little physical excersize and by the evening you sleep like a dead man in in the morning you wake up before the alarm.
The trick is consistency.
>>
>>2551021
but if you have an inconsistent job what do you do? I tried talking with my boss for one hour less in my program but he said take it or leave, and finding job in this hell hole is hard
>>
>>2551042
Inconsistent like what?
Daytime - nighttime inconsistent?
Then you're fucked.
Try and find time on your schedule when you certainly don't work and if it's day then get black curtains but get yourself in the dark and quiet.
>>
>>2551051
no, inconsistent like I leave for work anywhere inbetween 5-9 am and get home 5-11 pm (this includes the commute), 6 days a week see>>2550871

and this usually fucks up the hour I go to sleep at as I try to cramp in a few hours before going to sleep,

the main problem is I can't make a schedule around my worktime because I never know what worktime I'll have tomorrow
>>
>>2551142
incosisten as in I leave...*
cramp in a few hours of drawing before...*
>>
I did, and then i got burnt out after a year of consistently sleeping 3-4 hours
I went and negociated fridays off with my boss. Been a lot happier since then
>>
Yeah. When I have an image in my mind, I become obsessed until I finish it, but I hate my work, so it's never finished. So I stay up three, four days. Stop for a week. Stay up three or four days. Stop for two weeks. Etc.
>>
>>2551042
You can always find a new job. I quit or get fired from around six or eight jobs a year.
>>
i havent really 'lost' sleep but i went from one of those people who needs 8-9 hours to easily getting by on 6-7 simply because id rather have those hours for drawing instead of sleeping
>>
File: 1453055004298.gif (628 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
1453055004298.gif
628 KB, 400x224
>>2550805
I did. It's not worth it. I screwed up my sleep schedule big time.
>>
>>2551198
>implying that this is a good thing to do
>>
>>2551006
>tfw sleep deprived for years
>feels sleepy all the time and wants to sleep off the whole day
I'm fucked aren't I
>>
>>2551753
Probably
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.