[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hope this isnt too pretentious, >made a BeHance today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
I hope this isnt too pretentious,

>made a BeHance today
>loaded up a project of 7 illustrations

they follow a theme and are in my most comfortable style

to get to the point, I'm hoping you guys can give me some criticisms and help develop this style, weed out some more obvious flaws a novice like me cant really grasp.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/38023291/Welcome-to-Rehab

thanks in advance
>>
I'll self bump this once.
>>
Here bud, I'll bump it for ya'.
>>
>>2549547
Nice stuff but currently too tired for crit sorry
>>
>>2550839
>>2550876
Hey thanks guys.
I'll do another single bump tomorrow.
I don't have too many art friends.

I'm new to this board but I can see you guys are pretty rigorous, so I think it'd be good to get crit from here.
>>
>>2550911
second self bump
>>
File: TTEp101StonedApeTheory1.jpg (177 KB, 1820x1024) Image search: [Google]
TTEp101StonedApeTheory1.jpg
177 KB, 1820x1024
A style like this would go great with vibrant color. If you don't already know about it I suggest checking out TripTank and perhaps Felix Colgrave. A better, more attractive font would suit you. Your current writing is cliché and dirty (no offense).
>>
>>2551861
>vibrant color
i've been messing with watercolors, you think I should try out markers? theyve always intimidated me.

>Triptank
>Felix Colgrave
I'll check these out, no I didnt know

>better font
no offense taken, I agree with you I've never really put much effort into my writing's appearance, but you pointing that out tells me it's worth the time investment.
Any suggestions where to start on that?
>>
File: IMG_20160525_163312.jpg (468 KB, 1456x1948) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160525_163312.jpg
468 KB, 1456x1948
>>2551895
>Markers
They're definitely worth the effort. I recently messed around with markers for the first time in years and I saw a huge boost in creativity and enjoyment. I was just doodling so I didn't put in much effort, but it was really fun and I liked the result.

>Font
I honestly don't know how to help on this one, I've never been much of a font guy. Perhaps you could check out calligraphy and through that develop your own style that you feel suits your art. TripTank will also help with this.
>>
>>2551991
thanks for these tips man, I'll look into some markers, see what suits me, and I'll the same for font.

First order of business is to enjoy some Trip Tank and Felix.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.