[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here ever had to deal with wrist problems because of art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: got this off google sorry.gif (710 KB, 1500x741) Image search: [Google]
got this off google sorry.gif
710 KB, 1500x741
Anyone here ever had to deal with wrist problems because of art or something of the sort? Any tips/sharing of experiences?

I feel like I must be a fucking idiot for letting it get bad. Drawing is pretty much all I can do. Tell me honestly, is my life over?
>>
>>2549344
Here's my experience. I have/had impingement in my left shoulder while waiting for surgery to shave down the bone and cut the muscles so that it wouldn't get inflamed by rubbing together. My right shoulder started to develop the same thing (I'm built symmetrically and its a genetic problem). So I have the chance to go for surgery on my right shoulder and correct the pain that is there when I've over used it but that'll take my shoulder fully out of use for around a month and it won't feel better for another two months, I know this because that's how long my left shoulder took to recover. Well I'm not willing to do that so I've been doing physio therapy exercises for my right shoulder, basically the same ones I use on my left shoulder to recover it. I don't think they help for shit. What's helped me is finding nice positions to draw in and paying attention to how long I've been sitting a certain way. I found a nice position for my cintiq for my mouse and I know good positions for pencil and paper drawing too that minimise my pain and extend the time I can be drawing. Tldr if you have pain from drawing try multiple positions until you work out something that fits. I draw with a4 paper on a clipboard I found a thinner clipboard helps and sitting it at an angle. My cintiq I need almost flat. Its all about what works for you. Try and find your good working positions anon.
>>
the problem didn't occur because of art but it really impacted my ability to practice.
Last year I had tendonitis or a sprain of some kind, it was hard to tell (felt like the tendon was rolling over the bone)

not sure how well it relates to what you are going through but stretches, advil, and making sure to wear any kind of brace when not drawing taking regular breaks and using ice to reduce inflamation. took about 4-5 months to recover.
>>
Got a few issues myself, and I'm still feeling pain in my drawing shoulder. Do sports, yoga and get some massages. Take some rest every 20minutes to stretch a bit. Avoid everything that hurts as much as possible. Throw your mouse away (got a keyboard with integrated touchpad). Be wary of keyboard pain (especially those bloody shortcuts). Experiment with positional issues and material.

If you have money, invest in: a good chair, a good desk (the most important is that they are adjustable). I bought an Ergo Rest arm to help.

Remember, this battle is the long haul, it took me months to get rid of the burning pain that kept me awake, and there are still remnants.
>>
/ic/ be prentending that they be drawing 24/7. ya'll know of the increase in shit posting here, so which is it?
>>
>>2549589
I'm only contributing art when I want some help, give some help on subjects I know, and not at all on the shitposting threads. Stop projecting fucktard.
>>
>>2549668
Yesterday I drew for 3 hours straight, and for 6 hours in total. I only stopped because my muscles were feeling itchy. I'm very new to all this, so my arm is not very trained yet, but I've gained a lot of stamina and I can now draw with my arm in the air all the time (something I am really happy about), but I kind of wonder, is going this long without a break healthy? What do you guys think is the maximum a person should do before resting a bit?
>>
Drawing for 3-4 hours makes my wrist hurt, probably because i hold the pen hard and try to draw on a tiny ass tablet. who knows
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.