[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When or how do you get over dissatisfying drawings/sketches?????
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3024x4032
When or how do you get over dissatisfying drawings/sketches????? Like the ones that really irk you. The ones you wouldn't dare show. The ones that nag you all day and night.
>>
>>2545554
Draw it again.
>>
>>2545559
/thread
>>
Do a hundred more. Do a thousand more. Just keep drawing.
Most will be shit, that's a fact. But eventually they'll all amalgamate into a grey blurr.
The only ones you'll truly remember are the good ones.
You think studios are full of perfect, faultless art? No, they're full of trash. But they're absolutely filled to BRIM with trash.
You only see the good.

You'll also get better and they'll be less trash. Your trash will become another person's goal standard.
>>
>>2545563
That's what I mean. I see so much of peoples of trash that wouldn't be trash in my book if I did it. Itd either be good or great, depending on how good their bad is. But do you ever get to a point where you're like, hey my trash is actually not so bad anymore. And can you ever get to a point where you know your bad is most others good?
>>
File: 1447212339363.jpg (918 KB, 1027x1300) Image search: [Google]
1447212339363.jpg
918 KB, 1027x1300
annotate the living fuck about it and why you don't like it, what needs to be changed, have the ability separate yourself from and criticise your own work
>>
>>2545554
>how do you get over dissatisfying drawings/sketches?
Make a thread on /ic/ and post it for a critique. Ask questions like
>how much longer till I'm not shit?
>to haven't drawn in 5yrs, and I just started again today, do I have any talent?
>>
>>2545612
How do you explain that talent isn't all that important to losers who use it as an excuse to not work hard?
>>
>>2545614
You don't, you ignore their misconceptions and just let them fail. In the meantime, you keep drawing.
>>
>>2545612
I get what you're saying, and I do sometimes do that. But, I guess at this point I'll have to clarify my question a bit by saying I'm asking about how you psychologically deal with your poorer works of art. Even more specifically, how do you deal with it on an immediate basis? when not improving your skills, how do you manage those eye sores? Lol
>>
>>2545614
Yes, I have a few friends like thAt. All talent, no drive.
>>
>>2545619
burn them
>>
>>2545619
I was serious when I said draw them again. It makes them less precious and weigh less on your mind. It keeps you moving forward and turns a mistake into growth rather than letting it become a failure. That's something I'm still learning even now but every time I erase something and draw it over I feel better about it.
>>
>>2545948
>erase
But what about pen?! Burn them? As suggested? Haha
>>
>>2545619
You will never forget them anon, even if you destroy them they're the drawings they'll always be in the back of your mind , but those are the ones that keep you hungry and will make you want to improve ( or make you quit if you're a bitch).
>>
>>2546297
my sentence came out really retarded because i don't reread myself but i hope you got the message
>>
>>2546300
Nope, I read ya man. I'm just gonna fill up every square inch of this sketch book and not look back. Normally I draw a few decent things in a book , then a bunch of shit and I abandon it. Anyone else have this problem? Or had this habit? I'm going to not abandon this one, and just draw manically in it until every page is filled.
>>
>>2545554
u mean every drawing/sketch i do
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.