[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Line art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
I need help with line art, every time i draw i sketch the piece out till i feel i should do the line art and once i finish i always feel that the sketches look way better. If anyone has suggestions or even the process they go about line art that would be awesome. Im also using Sai. (pic unrelated)
>>
It's always infuriating when people make their own thread asking for advice and don't even provide an example of their work.

It's very hard to give you constructive advice besides "practice more" if we can't see what the hell you're doing wrong. What's your line weight like? How well are you showing form with your lines? Are they clean? Do they wobble? We don't know.
>>
>>2543802
op is a shitposter who probably doesn't draw

hide and move on
>>
>>2543802
Yeah i had to reformat my computer recently so all my sai files are lost. I wouldnt say my lines wobble cuz i spend like a good 10 -15 mins trying to get a line to look good. I do generally have issues with weight cuz i dont really know where to make the lines thicker or thinner other than when they intersect.
>>
>>2543828
And yet you believe that you draw.
>>
>>2543832
Yes i do draw, not nearly as often as i should but i do draw.
>>
File: doom.jpg (171 KB, 1800x1500) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
171 KB, 1800x1500
>>2543802
The only things i could find were two fairly old unfinished pieces one of which i attempted to colour for the first time
>>
File: RYU!.jpg (519 KB, 1350x1500) Image search: [Google]
RYU!.jpg
519 KB, 1350x1500
>>2543802
>>
>>2543838

Your line weight doesn't vary at all, that immediately makes stuff look flat. Read up on it. If you just trace your sketch it's almost always going to look a little stiff.

Some will fix in time, but seriously look into line weight. It can be used to show light as well as distance, and adds some three dimensionality. If you can't visualize what direction your light source is coming from you need to learn that too.

Also you shouldn't really make your own threads, they're almost never well received.
>>
>>2543838
Wow, I was going to rest for the day, but then I saw your drawing. Thanks to you, I practiced more today than I did any other day, thanks man!
>>
>>2543917
kek

>>2543838
go to the beginner thread instead of making your own shit thread

turn on sensitivity
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.