[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drawing Circles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: first I draw this head.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
first I draw this head.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
Drawing circles is hard. Would it be a bad habit to rely on the circle tool in krita?
How am I supposed to get better at drawing them freehand?
>>
By drawing them
>>
File: 1410923715095.jpg (25 KB, 400x283) Image search: [Google]
1410923715095.jpg
25 KB, 400x283
>How am I supposed to get better at drawing them freehand?

drop art if you have to ask this question

never gonna make it
>>
>>2543028
If you're using computer-aided drawing already why not just do whatever is the fastest?

But as the other guy said, just practice drawing circles. Unless you're going for technical circle exact stuff, it would just be faster to sketch a circle. Not many things in an actual painting are perfect circles anyway, so your initial sketch doesn't need to be perfect.
>>
>>2543028
If you don't know how to draw a basic circle, you shouldn't be drawing digitally.
>>
>>2543053
Yeah, I know. Dumb question. Just wondering if there were any tips or anything
>>2543058
I'm doing it digital because I don't like having to deal with a bunch of sheets of paper and erasing gets messy with an actual eraser
>>
>>2543060
If by tips, draw from your shoulder (but you already should know this).
>>
>>2543060
Don't erase then. Read Drawabox lesson 1.
>>
>>2543028

Can I see your circles anon?
>>
File: circles.png (70 KB, 980x960) Image search: [Google]
circles.png
70 KB, 980x960
>>2543068
Here's an example I just did. I usually try to redraw parts and trim 'em down and junk as I draw a more detailed version of what I'm trying to draw
>>
>>2543079
Those are nice looking potatoes.
>>
>>2543079
Best to practice with pencil on paper so you can build muscle memory once you perfect your ability to draw circles. For a start, try to do a clockwise or counter-clockwise "hover" with your pencil before you draw a line. More info can be seen in Peter Han's dynamic sketching videos.
>>
>>2543181
Almost forgot, start small then work your way to bigger circles. Or just draw an easy small circle then enlarge with transform tool or similar.
>>
>>2543079
Draw then quickly and use your elbow and shoulder instead of your wrist.
>>
>>2543060
1. Don't erase
2. If you do erase, use a gum eraser
>>
Hold a rock our something heavy in your hand, train your hand/arm, back muscles as if you where training for sports.
>>
>>2543028
Everyone who posts these type of threads please listen to >>2543053

Why are you plebs so obsessed with these circles and straight line exercises? They're useless. If you're drawing/painting, still lives for example, the very act of doing that will make you draw better over time.

You're never going to make if you're so obsessed with learning a minutia aspect of something to the detriment of the big picture. Just go paint still lives and learn all that shit and more at the same time rather than compartmentalizing everything.

a year from now your circles will be perfect but that's all you'll be able to to because you never learned anything else.....great job.
>>
>>2543375
>Why are you plebs so obsessed with these circles and straight line exercises? They're useless.
I wouldn't really say that, it's good to care about your lines.

> If you're drawing/painting, still lives for example, the very act of doing that will make you draw better over time.
This also is true, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to study better lines/outlines, just as we study form, they are also part of it all.

People already said what needs to be said:
drawabox.com
>>
>>2543489
It's good to do the drawabox homework for lessons 1 and 2 every single day for beginners
>>
>>2543028

Draw with your shoulder/elbow, not your wrist. It's actually a good suggestion for most things that aren't a flick of the wrist.
>>
File: circle45.jpg (6 KB, 226x251) Image search: [Google]
circle45.jpg
6 KB, 226x251
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.