[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
comic book sample pages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9
File: shehulk1.jpg (2 MB, 3300x5100) Image search: [Google]
shehulk1.jpg
2 MB, 3300x5100
doing some sample pages of my art,wanted to get a crit if possible. be as harsh as possible
>>
File: shehulk2.jpg (2 MB, 3300x5100) Image search: [Google]
shehulk2.jpg
2 MB, 3300x5100
>>
File: shehulk3.jpg (2 MB, 3300x5100) Image search: [Google]
shehulk3.jpg
2 MB, 3300x5100
>>
File: shehulk4.jpg (3 MB, 3300x5100) Image search: [Google]
shehulk4.jpg
3 MB, 3300x5100
>>
thats all of them
>>
>>2542943
the gun seems to change proportion

everything about the third panel looks off/low detail

>>2542946
get rid of the arrow pointing the character out, its annoying
>>
>>2542952
sweet thanks ill correct those
>>
>>2542943
frame 1: her boobs look wrong, her face is crooked. I personally think this frame is boring
frame 2: is that the same guy? he jus grew hair. Wha is she holding on her right hand? that shirt seems to be made out of rubber.
frame 3: That hatching is really lazy, the gun seems off.
frame 4: both characters seems unpolished
frame 5: where is her face? some of those rocks look drawn lazily. the hatching is also rushed on this one. I personally think that jaw looks broken.

>>2542945
frame 1: that hair looks plain, no background?
frame 2: I personally don't like the design choice of the cheek The hair looks plain on this one too
frame 3: that hair looks way better, that back looks wrong. The shot is confusing.
frame 4: This shot is confusing, but I guess some context would explain it
frame 5: Was this balloon transparent for her to be able to see what is outside? I am still confused of what's going on. You should detail that face a little.

>>2542946
frame 1: I still have no idea how can she see the buildings outside the balloon if its not transparent.
frame 2: that hair doesn't look like hair at all. her boobs got smaller
frame 3: this shot is really simple and redirects you to the top of the page, I don't feel like the composition is right
frame 4: the knee in that guy looks off, refine your circles

>>2542949
frame 1: those arm things on mysterio look off
frame 2: the way you draw faces shift a ton, the front eye seems off.
frame 3: this one is confusing

I am sure there are other things but that's I can quickly glance.
>>
>>2542986
sweet that helps alot. the balloon has a image of the outside on it is what you are seeing. its not transparent.
>>
Why did you draw these? Are they for the Kirby school or a sequential art class?
>>
>>2543046
just for myself and to fill my portfolio
>>
>>2543071
I keep shilling this site but you could probably find paid work on http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/
>>
>>2543090
>090▶
>>>2543071 (You)
thasnk you, i have gone on there before, however, one time i was paid and nothing went wrong, the other time i was ripped off by a writer and it left a bad tast in my mouth
>>
>>2543095
Weak, did the writer that ripped you off manage to publish anything or did the project just go under?
>>
File: img004.jpg (242 KB, 647x979) Image search: [Google]
img004.jpg
242 KB, 647x979
I remember when i did a She-Hulk story for my portfolio once
>>
>>2543108
actually both, went under and i wasent paid the last 2/3rd of payment
>>
>>2543110
what the fuck
>>
File: meme me up.png (340 KB, 421x700) Image search: [Google]
meme me up.png
340 KB, 421x700
>>2542949
TOP tier meme-picture right here
>>
>>2543138
waht do you mean?
>>
>>2543139
M E M E S
E
M
E
S
>>
>>2542943
read any basic Film making books, concetrate on the type of shots topics

don't read any how to make comic books to make comics, they're bullshit.

get your favorite comic book/manga as reference for paneling.
>>
>>2543169
Could you recommend one?
>>
That face of she-hulk in # 4. Like it though. Almost every frame has a different composition than the last. How long did it take you?
>>
Why is it based off of an issue of John Byrne's She Hulk though?
>>
>>2543258
Not him, but this has a lot of info on storyboarding, you might find it useful.

http://www.floobynooby.com/comp1.html
>>
>>2543386
Quality link, thank you.
>>
>>2543169
>don't read any how to make comic books to make comics, they're bullshit.
Will Eisner's Comics and Sequential Art and Scott McCloud's Understanding Comics and Making Comics are anything but bullshit.
>>
>>2543258
Read Scott McCloud's Making Comics
>>
File: img006.jpg (253 KB, 647x1000) Image search: [Google]
img006.jpg
253 KB, 647x1000
>>2543132
Its really really bad, It was my first comic ever.
>>
File: ART DIMENSIONS.jpg (119 KB, 960x562) Image search: [Google]
ART DIMENSIONS.jpg
119 KB, 960x562
>>2542943
i'm looking to the bottom of your drawings and i notice that you are using this 11x17 board that have the blue line, but also i notice tht you are making some mistakes, you are not drawing your panels as it is supposed.
The page has 4 squares:
FULL BLEED: this is an extra to the total of your page, you just draw there black backgrounds or finish a building or something, but this is just if they need to print some more and then they cut it, so they don't have white lines at the end of the printing.
TRIM LINE: this is the total page, this must be for covers, but it is also a way to imagine how to proportion the rest of the drawing.
SAFE AREA: this is the most important part. the important things and dialogues should be inside this line.
Also, you looki like if you were about to make it. good luck
>>
File: joemad.jpg (209 KB, 656x960) Image search: [Google]
joemad.jpg
209 KB, 656x960
My biggest crit is your lines are very rough/unprofessional looking. Some things like the windows don't even make sense when they should be drawn with a ruler.

For free hand stuff do line drawing exercises over and over, look up people like joe mad/david finch that is how clean you should be aspiring to be. To the point where you could do inks by just adjusting your pencils in Photoshop.

>>2543095
>the other time i was ripped off by a writer and it left a bad tast in my mouth

If you want to be a pro you either need to be paid up front or get a contract, if your clients are not willing to do this then they are not worth working for.
>>
>>2542945
Storytelling wise, that's a neat reveal. Keep doing more OP.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.