[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does IC have any tips for drawing/rendering details
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Do you guys have any tips for drawing/rendering details like in the pic shown? Just that incredible amount of detail
>>
pay attention to details and take your time
>>
File: JP2_5.jpg (949 KB, 1646x1049) Image search: [Google]
JP2_5.jpg
949 KB, 1646x1049
>>2541356

Crash works on big formats, which helps.
>>
>>2541378

over-rendered shit.
>>
>>2541387

Yeah, guess that's why he is responsible for some of the most iconic designs in movie history.
>>
>>2541387
you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>2541387
this is why /ic/ ia an autistic, jealous, hateful shithole that will go out of its way to literally try to ruin an artists career.
>>
>>2541378
interestingly, he does seem to use mechanical pencil, I thought that he would be using like .3 lead for the tiny details
>>
>>2541378
Holy shit, how long does that take?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGclpsEYHtU
>>
>>2541543
I still remember a drawing about a smiling joker or something of the sort, a histerical laugh from ear to ear. Shitposters like that meathead called the wrinkles the smile produced "over rendered shit" too. This place is getting worse day by day.
>>
>>2541591
That was an interesting sharpener. How does he preserve the drawing once he's done? Wouldn't scanning it or putting something over it ruin it?
>>
>>2541600

No idea. Photography would probably be the best option. If you think about how good quality you can get with a regular smartphone camera, with pro equipment the results should be perfect.
>>
>>2541600

What sharpener was it? I couldn't catch the name.
>>
>>2542008
He said Koh-I-Noor, but AFAIK they don't make one like that. I thought it looked more like a Staedtler 502.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.