[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best resources for learning to draw interiors and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1414986682656.jpg (918 KB, 1344x756) Image search: [Google]
1414986682656.jpg
918 KB, 1344x756
What are the best resources for learning to draw interiors and scenery? I'm pretty happy with where I'm at right now with drawing characters and objects just sort of floating in space, but I'm absolute shit at doing any sort of background. I know perspective is going to be a thing to work on, but anything you can suggest will be appreciated. Coloring isn't an issue as I mostly work in black and white.
>>
File: 1461486009414.gif (691 KB, 255x209) Image search: [Google]
1461486009414.gif
691 KB, 255x209
>>2540441

>how do you draw interiors and scenery?
>i can do perspective and color, those will be easy
>asks for environment advice, says fundamentals will be easy
>fundamentals are a part of everything, they have nothing to do with what you are asking
>oh shit, what are you doing...

a-are you ok, anon?
>>
Feng Zhu is pretty good if you already know how to draw, because a lot of his videos are environment-related, and he answers a lot of more advanced art problems. The one downside is he doesn't talk about fundamentals, so you'll learn more from him once you get familiar with environment-related fundamentals (perspective, composition and contrasts are things you can kinda get away without if you only do characters, but definitely need as a generalist.)
>>
>>2540444
I never said anything would be easy, I just said I wanted to prioritize working on the things I feel I am behind on.
>>
>>2540441
B-but anon. Monochromatic depth/values are still 'coloring' and are really fucking important to a dynamic environment - Even using a cartoony style like your image.

>>2540727
This probably won't work. You might be used to, as you said, characters and objects, but you should try to learn environments from the very beginning.
>>
>>2540729
Sorry. I know about values. I probably should have just left that part out in the OP.
So do you have any resources (videos, books, hell even infographic tutorials) to get started from the beginning?
>>
>>2540731

no one is gonna spoon feed you this info, op. you can find that fundies list somewhere on CA.org, go look for it.
>>
>>2540937

Not OP, but go be useless somewhere else then. Why bother wasting your time making posts with "you can't do x x or x" but then go on to pretend your time is too precious to actually give any functional advice whatsoever?
>>
>>2540966

same reason you waste your time posting on LAS with no progress between this weeks post and March posts.
>>
Composition is obviously going to be an important element. As soon as you're introducing more than a guy floating around you need to start considering where your horizon is, what objects are where, your foreground / middleground / background, etc. If you don't already do thumbnails, get in the habit of practising them. If you're confident with values you've already got a start.

There are lots of books on landscape drawing in the book thread. If you want to learn to do environments you should know how to do landscapes / urban sketches. Then you can introduce characters to them. Obviously perspective is important here, especially with buildings.
>>
>>2540968

I don't participate in LAS. Was "I shitpost for the same reason you draw" supposed to be a jab?
>>
>>2540977

at least you can keep up with the jokes.
>>
File: its on now motherfucker.jpg (87 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
its on now motherfucker.jpg
87 KB, 600x800
>>2540979

Do you think this is a motherfucking game?
>>
File: download.gif (3 MB, 555x642) Image search: [Google]
download.gif
3 MB, 555x642
>>2540981
>>
>>2540970
I have to say, thumbnails are really helping me out here. Thank you for suggesting that, I had completely disregarded them when I first heard about them, but after giving them a try today things seem to be coming together much smoother. It's funny how a little thing like that can help so much.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.