[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /ic/ I'm new to art and just discovered Sycra's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Hi /ic/

I'm new to art and just discovered Sycra's YouTube channel. I've been trying out his 'iterative drawing' idea, what do you think of my results?
>>
>>2540301
Well, tell me what the fuck iterative drawing is first
>>
>>2540306
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0ufz75UvHs
>>
File: 1446092960601.jpg (47 KB, 558x564) Image search: [Google]
1446092960601.jpg
47 KB, 558x564
if you're really into painting the same portrait of the same person in the same exact pose, power to you

meanwhile anyone else with a brain will be learning construction and form instead of that bullshit that sycra spews
>>
>>2540314

There's nothing wrong with iterative drawing, concept artists do it all the fucking time. The fact that you kneejerk hate it just because Sycra endorsed it says a lot about you. It's cute that you learned the words "construction and form" and act like it's mutually exclusive to iterative drawing.
>>
>>2540312
TL;DW please
>>
>>2540323

draw a thing from imagination.
draw it again adjusting for mistakes you made the first time / new ideas.
repeat.

oh and then kill yourself.
>>
>>2540326
So just draw. Thanks.
>>
>>2540318
Don't get me wrong. It works, it's just objectively not the most efficient way to progress. No need to be angry.
>>
>>2540338
What is the most efficient way to progress?
>>
>>2540341
Start a drawing, give up because it's too hard. Go to /ic/. Critique their work to make yourself feel better.
>>
>>2540331

>so just draw

You'll find most people draw a thing once then move on and draw something else instead. The concept is to draw the same thing from imagination several times in one session and analyze what you're doing wrong / what could be different or better.

It's not a concept Sycra invented, but it's telling that lots of /ic/ rejects it because Sycra taught it.

>>2540338

I'd like to know more efficient ways to progress without you resorting to vague platitudes like "learn form" or some inane shit like that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.