[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some of you here must have experienced this. You get a tablet.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled-1.jpg (155 KB, 1427x1042) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
155 KB, 1427x1042
Some of you here must have experienced this.

You get a tablet.
You place the pen on the tablet.
The cursor shakes around like a motherfucker.
You try to draw a straight line and it looks like pic related.

Obviously I've tried all the fixes and useless "just update the driver" suggestions on Google. has anyone has this happen, and how did you resolve it?
Or could my tablet be old and busted?
It's an Intuos Pro Large.
>>
>>2539778
You might jut be drawing too slow.
If not, then yeah, the sensors may have gone bust.
>>
>>2539778

Try taking the nib out and putting it back in again?
>>
File: bel.png (10 KB, 331x914) Image search: [Google]
bel.png
10 KB, 331x914
my wacom mouse snapped like this, never figured out why
>>
>>2539778
make a line placing ruler on the tablet and report back
>>
Personally I found the newer drivers to be pretty bad. I don't have this problem with the 6.3.6-3 drivers
>>
Do you use your tablet for anything other than drawing?
>>
>>2539778
Sounds like your tablet is dying or you need to replace the nib.
Some tablets like the surface pro 3/4 suffer from n-trigs cancer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z0YurhNy88
>>
>>2539914
This OP.
Use your fucking head for once before posting all your life problems online WITHOUT doing basic research, next time.

I may have to tell you, put your tablet flat on a desk before testing.
>>
Ditto. I think either the new drivers are bad (lol) or my tablet is too old for whatever the new drivers are doing, but only 63 63 works well with my tablet.

A friend borrowed my computer while I was away and installed newer drivers for their more recent intuos tablet and I could immediately see the difference.
>>
>>2539778
Is that TVPaint?
Because the line shakes a lot for me, too.
But nearly as much in PS or other programs.
>>
>>2540284
I fucking hate surface.
Its a $1000 piece of shit. Pen has never worked longer than 5 mins and overheats like hell.
>>
Check to see if the program is using the driver?

Some programs like Photoshop and SAI have the option to use their own driver over the driver installed in your computer.

Maybe reset your computer to see if that helps? You could also reinstall your driver or rollback to the last one that worked for you.

Some programs like Flash and SAI also have a stabilizer to smooth out lines. The driver should also have one too.
>>
>>2539778
I had an issue happen with my wacom tablet where if I tried to draw a vertical line, it would "bend" a little at certain points. I don't actually have an example, but what fixed it was replacing the tip of the pen, so you might want to try that.
>>
>>2541236
The pro 3 and pro4 are pretty fucking good for a tablet/machine, you can spend a lot more on a wacom tablet.
Only killer is the jitter when drawing slowly, I'm hoping they fix this in the pro 5 and then I might buy one
>>
Also a side tip, put a piece of paper on your tablet for more friction.
>>
>>2541236
>pen overheating
Holy shit is this really a problem? I don't have a tablet and have never used one, so I never knew this. I feel like this would hold you back in drawing all day.
>>
>>2541692
Not the pen baka, the tablet
>>
I've experienced this problem countless times throughout the years with various different Wacom tablets.

Unplug your tablet and uninstall your drivers, then, restart your computer and reinstall the drivers. You must NOT plug in your tablet before re-installation, as this will cause you to start the entire process over again.

If the problem persists, I would recommend that you open up the Windows start menu and look up "Services", from there find your Wacom tablet and restart it. It's important to have all programs closed down and having your tablet either unplugged or turned off.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (185 KB, 582x945) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
185 KB, 582x945
OK, OP here.
After a few days is pissing around, uninstalling the tablet and then downloading and installin the super old-ass 6.3.6-3 driver from Wacom seems to have actually done the trick.
Here's the driver in case other people are having the same thing:

http://www.wacom.asia/tablet-drivers?tid_1=All&tid=All
>>
File: subpixel.jpg (37 KB, 619x457) Image search: [Google]
subpixel.jpg
37 KB, 619x457
>>2541223
>Is that TVPaint?
>Because the line shakes a lot for me, too.

It is TVPaint, yes. The 6.3.6-3 seems to have fixed it, fingers crossed.
Also, specifically in TVPaint to help fix the issue, you can go to the Edit>Preferences>General tab and check pic related.
>>
go to "services"
find tablet drive
stop then start

this shit happens to me all the time and this solves it
>>
>>2541677
Good machine?
Ive never been able to do anything on it without it shitting out on me!

I'd rather have gotten a Wacom Intuos Pro Large for $300 and saved $700 than get that Pro 3. Unless I got a dud, it failed in everyway for me.
>>
i have the same issue i figured it was a calibration issue but i found unplugging it and plugging it back in works most the time
>>
>>2544328
IT guy please.
>>
>>2539778
I'm so sorry op.

You have parkinson's.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.